Uber’s at Port Canaveral cruise terminal

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

Wondering how hard/easy  it is so get an Uber to Orlando and then back as well.....with it being quite a drive, is the demand there that Uber drivers don't mind this?

Pretty easy. I would not expect an issue.

25 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

ok....good to know....debating between staying a hotel that offers a shuttle to port and back to airport...or just staying anywhere and going with an Uber....I thought maybe the distance would be an issue but good t know!

I've rented a car before but next time I've pre-booked Coltran's hotel shuttle service from my hotel near the Orlando airport to PC. 

I can do a rental car for $50 all in, gas, tolls, etc.  That's one-way.

Coltran's shuttle is $20 one way, much less money than an Uber or rental.  $40 round trip. 

https://www.cortrans-shuttle.com/

Pick up at the airport or at ~30 area hotels.  If your hotel has an airport shuttle but not on Coltran's list just take the hotel shuttle back to the airport in the morning and use Coltran's shuttle to get to port.  

The advantage of Uber is they run on your schedule.  A shuttle will do a milk run stopping at a number of hotels until they are full then they head to port.  

Uber's fare estimator has it ~ $60 one way but it's often $80 due to surge pricing for thousands getting off the ship.  

$40 RT vs. $120 RT, shuttle vs. Uber.

$40 RT vs. $100 RT, shuttle vs rental.

529810846_uberestmcopc.jpeg.8120464c70b1f7fd67dd9dba56c87bc0.jpeg

yeah..I had seen that the Uber or Lyft was still a little pricey.

I have in the past done the shuttle thing a few times but I hate waiting at 10 hotels or more and not getting there as early as I like. Ideally if I could find a hotel in Port Canaveral to stay at and just take an Uber to the ship in the am....BUT, then you need a ride from the airport to the hotel and then of course from the cruise port to the airport on the return so it defn makes it a little more complicated and potentially costly going out of Port Canaveral after doing so many cruises out of Tampa and Fll/Mia......

4 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I have in the past done the shuttle thing a few times but I hate waiting at 10 hotels or more and not getting there as early as I like. Ideally if I could find a hotel in Port Canaveral to stay at and just take an Uber to the ship in the am....BUT, then you need a ride from the airport to the hotel and then of course from the cruise port to the airport on the return so it defn makes it a little more complicated and potentially costly going out of Port Canaveral after doing so many cruises out of Tampa and Fll/Mia......

Stay in PC before but then after the cruise just take Coltran's shuttle one way, PC to MCO airport.  $20.  

Flights can be cheaper at times into MCO so consider all costs for the trip. 

3 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Maybe you can checkout what is the last hotel pickup at the shuttle route and stay there ? I also hate to visit all the hotels with the shuttle.

Just now, Traveler said:

Maybe you can checkout what is the last hotel pickup at the shuttle route and stay there ? I also hate to visit all the hotels with the shuttle.

But I love saving money ? 

Port Everglades is the easiest (and cheapest) port followed by Miami.  Port Canaveral and Galveston are pretty equal in terms of cost for Uber or shuttle. 

• 11 months later...

Hello!

This was from last March 2019. Just wondering if anyone has any updates and recently used Uber.

We are cruising to Port Canaveral in May and would rather rideshare with our group (because we can obviously just split it the fare there and back.)

Has anyone recently had any experience with ordering an Uber from Port Canaveral to Kennedy Space Center?

Thanks for any help you can provide!!

• 2 years later...
On 3/10/2019 at 2:48 PM, Jodestar said:

I was wondering if Uber is allowed to drive people to the port terminal? I have read some conflicting information. I am staying at an Airbnb in Cape Canaveral, and a taxi guy wants $25. I feel like this is a lot of money... Uber would be 1/2 of that. Please help! 

On 2/27/2020 at 2:53 PM, Matt said:

There's no reason to belie

Yes Uber most definitely does do rides to and from. I work Uber they actually try to get more Uber drivers down there by boosting the trip prices. They try to do different ports like this as well! 

Screenshot_20221011-220002.jpg