Smart Phone App

Airlines

I have a lot of stuff showing up from my March 24 allure trip, but much of it is wrong (port times) and my mtd is showing up (but none of the specialty reservations).  Just FYI...be sure to check cruise compasses onboard or the actual cruise planner before to be sure of times, etc.  Jane

1 hour ago, mom2mybugs said:

I have a lot of stuff showing up from my March 24 allure trip, but much of it is wrong (port times) and my mtd is showing up (but none of the specialty reservations).  Just FYI...be sure to check cruise compasses onboard or the actual cruise planner before to be sure of times, etc.  Jane

Go with the cruise compass. For Indy last month, I found that many of the events on the app were wrong. There were even shows on the app that did not exist on Indy....

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Go with the cruise compass. For Indy last month, I found that many of the events on the app were wrong. There were even shows on the app that did not exist on Indy....

I remembered you saying that!  The only thing I will likely use the app for is for texting... And eventually ordering drinks!  I have fun with the paper compass and it's easy to check the screens by the elevators.  Jane

My RC app calendar is populated with my shows and excursions - 4wks out.   I'll stay with my laminated spreadsheet versus the app.  BUT... 

We bought the Ultimate Dining Pkg and was wondering if my First Specialty Restaurant reservation will show up on the app prior to my sailing? 

1 hour ago, Bob_KY said:

We bought the Ultimate Dining Pkg and was wondering if my First Specialty Restaurant reservation will show up on the app prior to my sailing? 

The ultimate dining package will show up on the app prior to sailing but the name of the restaurant will not show up. I think that There will be a letter in your cabin that says the name of the restaurant that they have reserved for you, but if you do not feel like eating there the first night you can change the date that you want to eat there by going to that restaurant, and you an also make reservations to eat at the other speciality restaurants by going to each restaurant and making a reservation for a different day but at the same time that you chose when you book the ultimate dining package. You can also have lunch at some speciality restaurants on sea days in think between 12:00 noon and 1:30pm.

6 hours ago, Bob_KY said:

My RC app calendar is populated with my shows and excursions - 4wks out.   I'll stay with my laminated spreadsheet versus the app.  BUT... 

...and don't forget that you can have lunch on embarkation day in whatever specialty restaurant is open as part of the UDP.  Which restaurant it will be depends....but I have found that there is always 1 available...even on Grandeur (it's always Chops).  With the new Key program, I am thinking about making a reservation for embarkation day b/c I know that they will now have lots of people dining at Chops for lunch there, as part of the Key Program perks.  Up until now, we have VERY often been the only ones eating in Chops on embarkation day.  Not so much, anymore, I fear.