Booking 2 Rooms for a Family of 4

I was wondering if it is possible to book 2 rooms for a family of 4 on a Royal Caribbean ship.  The rooms don't have to be adjoining, but they do need to be next to each other.

If we book 1 room with myself and son and another room for my wife and daughter, will they care if my kids sleep in the 2nd room (they are teens.)

Also, do they remove the "balcony dividers" for connecting rooms?

It is cheaper to book two balcony rooms than to book 1 Jr. Suite.  2 Rooms give us more space, more privacy, and 2 bathrooms.  I just want to make sure what I am considering is acceptable.

BTW - We would tip the Room Steward extra for taking care of both rooms.

Thank you.

19 minutes ago, Chad in Tennessee said:
I was wondering if it is possible to book 2 rooms for a family of 4 on a Royal Caribbean ship.  The rooms don't have to be adjoining, but they do need to be next to each other.

If we book 1 room with myself and son and another room for my wife and daughter, will they care if my kids sleep in the 2nd room (they are teens.)

Also, do they remove the "balcony dividers" for connecting rooms?

It is cheaper to book two balcony rooms than to book 1 Jr. Suite.  2 Rooms give us more space, more privacy, and 2 bathrooms.  I just want to make sure what I am considering is acceptable.

BTW - We would tip the Room Steward extra for taking care of both rooms.

Thank you.

We're doing this on Allure with our niece and her friend since both are under 18. Wife +1 on one reservation and myself +1 on the other. We're in Ocean view balcony rooms.   We will get an extra sea pass card for the rooms, so we can let the young lady's have on room and us in the other. Our rooms aren't connecting, but next to each other. I'm sure the balcony divider can be opened up.  I would ask room attendant once your onboard.

Hi Chad! Welcome to the boards!

If the rooms are next to each other (don't have to be connecting) or across the hall, you can actually book both of your kids in one room and yourself and your wife in the other. If you are doing the booking yourself, I don't think you can directly do that with an online booking; rather, you will need to call Royal and ask them to enter it that way. If you're going through a travel agent, he or she can take care of that arrangement for you.

I've done this with both of the sailings my kids have traveled with us, and it's been no problem. Makes getting ready for dinner each night a lot easier!

And you're absolutely right about getting two rooms rather than packing everyone into a single Jr. Suite or other suite. It's fine to book a suite for a special occasion or other time when you're willing and able to splurge, but for a "regular" vacation getaway I say save that money for excursions and other things to enhance the overall trip! ?

IF you are related, and they are adjoining and adjacent, the teens can be assigned to one room, the adults the other - this varies by ship. It is allowed on Anthem, but not on Freedom. When they were small, we booked 9636 & 9401 deck 9 aft, there is a balcony room adjoining an inside room. A bit of a walk, but a nice setup, and the balcony is a little bigger than most. Two bathrooms, two closets, two TV's, everyone gets a real bed - no couch, just a chair in these two. If you end up with just adjacent rooms, you can request extra keys. 

2 minutes ago, Mrs. RoyalMoyal said:

IF you are related, and they are adjoining and adjacent, the teens can be assigned to one room, the adults the other - this varies by ship. It is allowed on Anthem, but not on Freedom.

Are you sure about Freedom? My two daughters were booked in one room and my wife and I in the other for our sailing on her this past April. I supposed it could be a change tied to her change in home port from FLL to OSJ, but that would be odd to me.

2 hours ago, Chad in Tennessee said:

Independence of the Seas

We were just on Independence of the Seas and had the kids in 1 room and the adults in the other.  Our TA calls RC to make the arrangement for us and we've never had a problem getting this arrangement for us.  We like connecting rooms best and had the balcony dividers open.  

When all of our kids were under 21, my wife was booked in one room, and I was booked in another across the hall. One room was a balcony and the other was an inside room. My wife and I both got extra keys from guest services for the room we weren’t booked in and stayed together in the balcony room while our kids were in the inside room. 

When one child was over 21 on our last cruise on Allure, we had adjoining Central Park balconies, and the state room attendant opened the barrier for a very large balcony for both rooms.

They won’t care who sleeps where especially since you are a family. One note is that if you book two rooms instead of a jr suite, you get two bathrooms. That’s huge. It may also be cheaper with two rooms, but that depends on a lot of factors. I don’t see a need for an extra tip unless you think they give better than expected service. 

I know someone who books two cabins with one adult in one cabin and the other adult in the other cabin, then buys one drink package which is allowed since they are in the cabin with only a child.  Turns out the SO doesn't drink much so buying two drink packages doesn't make financial sense.  They just use Diamond drinks that meets their needs.  With them split between cabins they are clear to purchase only one drink package.  

I think it may be who you talk to/book with and just the hour of the day or the phase of the moon; on Anthem they boys were adjacent in their own room, but our next trip on Freedom of the Seas one adult is in each room (technically).  We noticed our boys did not get a diamond welcome back bottled water and cookies, because youth diamond benefits are different - but that was the only difference other than we did not have to mess around with extra keys. 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I know someone who books two cabins with one adult in one cabin and the other adult in the other cabin, then buys one drink package which is allowed since they are in the cabin with only a child.  Turns out the SO doesn't drink much so buying two drink packages doesn't make financial sense.  They just use Diamond drinks that meets their needs.  With them split between cabins they are clear to purchase only one drink package.  

This is what I do every sailing.  My kids are 16 & 20, I book my 16 y/o with me and 20 y/o with my wife.  I simply go to guest services and get an extra room key for each room......and buy the drink package for me of course.  Having 2 rooms also allows us to bring 4 bottles of wine, which is more than enough for my wife.  She only drinks her wine and the very occasional frozen drink while on board so buying her the drink package would be a complete waste of money.

1 hour ago, yzfmik said:

This is what I do every sailing.  My kids are 16 & 20, I book my 16 y/o with me and 20 y/o with my wife.  I simply go to guest services and get an extra room key for each room......and buy the drink package for me of course.  Having 2 rooms also allows us to bring 4 bottles of wine, which is more than enough for my wife.  She only drinks her wine and the very occasional frozen drink while on board so buying her the drink package would be a complete waste of money.

So if DH and DS are in one room, and DD and I are in connecting room, we can brings 2 bottles each?  Or does connecting limit this rule (and our reservations are linked)?

2 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

So if DH and DS are in one room, and DD and I are in connecting room, we can brings 2 bottles each?  Or does connecting limit this rule (and our reservations are linked)?

You can each bring two bottles since you are in different rooms.  Jane