Jump to content
DandA

Coco Cay Construction

Recommended Posts

On 1/12/2019 at 8:01 AM, NS8VN said:

People have been able to book those things for quite a while.  It is in no way indicative of RCCL's confidence in something being open, all they have to do is refund the money if things aren't open.

AKA an interest free loan using your money.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:52 AM, yzfmik said:

February 2020 is over a year away, I’d be surprised if it all wasn’t done with possibly the exception of the final phase.  I can purchase all the first phase things (water park, balloon, etc) for my May ‘19 sailing so I’m betting they are confident on the dates for that.  

Sorry..I missed the 2020 year...I was thinking 2019....defn should be by 2020!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 10:01 AM, NS8VN said:

People have been able to book those things for quite a while.  It is in no way indicative of RCCL's confidence in something being open, all they have to do is refund the money if things aren't open.

True, but considering how upset customers would be, I am still pretty sure they are confident in the completion dates.  The pier is one thing, but not finishing the phases on time will result in a loss of revenue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any construction delays cost any business doing construction a hit to revenue.  The pier delay is costing them money.  

It’s the islands.  Nothing completes on time.  Delays are inevitable.  When I heard May 2019 my first though was that’s too aggressive, it’ll never be complete by then.  

Now we’ll be lucky to have a pier by May 2019.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 9:52 AM, yzfmik said:

February 2020 is over a year away, I’d be surprised if it all wasn’t done with possibly the exception of the final phase.  I can purchase all the first phase things (water park, balloon, etc) for my May ‘19 sailing so I’m betting they are confident on the dates for that.  

We will also sail in May ‘19 and I had thought that surely it would be completed by then. Although construction timing is difficult to predict, I hope that their confidence is warranted. Would be nice to have the pier done so that it’s a faster in and out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:46 PM, yzfmik said:

True, but considering how upset customers would be, I am still pretty sure they are confident in the completion dates.  The pier is one thing, but not finishing the phases on time will result in a loss of revenue. 

Consider the ships (See Harmony, Empress, Liberty, Adventure) that they launched out of drydock and into paying service while still actively working on them and then tell me again how much they worry about paying customers being upset if they miss their dates ... hey you still went to CocoCay it just didn't have all the cool stuff we told you it would ... have a $50 OBC that you have to give right back to us if you use it :)

I fully expect to have limited options but hopefully a pier to use in May and June when I am scheduled to be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

Consider the ships (See Harmony, Empress, Liberty, Adventure) that they launched out of drydock and into paying service while still actively working on them and then tell me again how much they worry about paying customers being upset if they miss their dates ... hey you still went to CocoCay it just didn't have all the cool stuff we told you it would ... have a $50 OBC that you have to give right back to us if you use it 🙂

I fully expect to have limited options but hopefully a pier to use in May and June when I am scheduled to be there.

All true for sure.  If the waterpark isn't ready yet the 2nd week of May, it's really not a deal breaker for me.  We are celebrating our 25th anniversary.....I'll rent a beach bed and have a very relaxing and perfect day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not interested in any of the "Perfect Day" stuff anyway so i'm just hoping we have the pier ready by May so we don't have to play Tender Roulette, just observing that if those things were important to me I have learned my lesson and would not be counting on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really construction related...

Happened to notice this blip in the Cruise Planner about Voom on CocoCay for a May 2019 sailing on Symphony.

Your VOOM SURF + STREAM Voyage Package - 1 Device is available at Perfect Day at CocoCay for you to enjoy.

Not listed on the Mariner GC sailing (March 2019).

396373860_SmartSelect_20190126-170732_SamsungInternet-1057x795.thumb.jpg.b7a1335ffbb2c10101b4df1b220c8bee.jpg

346299467_SmartSelect_20190126-170118_SamsungInternet-1044x858.thumb.jpg.59a530258f16c16d72bf682eda28ea7f.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, cookie10* said:

Regret I don't give a D-- about the pier cause we are taking our granddaughter on this specific cruise because of the Perfect Day. July 19???

Honestly, I have had a couple of bad experiences so my opinion is probably on the pessimistic end of the range but i wouldnt count on it.

My guess is they are clinging desperately to "may 31st is in may right so we dont have to change the date yet" in their current thinking and i fully expect to get refunded for the zipline prepurchase on our June booking ... July for me is right on the edge of maybe you get lucky and they are good to go but i wouldnt count on it.

I think the pier is what a year behind schedule now? Sounds like they are putting a lot of effort into the island side stuff so hopefully i am wrong.

The pier is the bigger issue to me since my experience at CocoCay has been 50% missed the island and just did donuts in the ocean since we couldnt get in on the tenders ... docking and walking ashore will get me to about 90% on my satisfaction level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just "chatting" (on Face Book) with RCL and they said the pier for Cococay is now scheduled for completion in March 2019 but they would let their customers know if there was any further delay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, runeash said:

So the magical day they are advertising here Coco Cay . How much of this real or can be be enjoyed

Your question has a chronological component that is missing.

Today: none of it

In a few months: probably some of it

In a few years: all of it and more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not familiar with the details of the construction, but our stop in CocoCay is 5/22/19.  My Cruise Planner is showing all kinds of excursions with 20% off for the water park, helium balloon ride, and Oasis Island cabanas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 2:44 PM, pcur said:

I'm not familiar with the details of the construction, but our stop in CocoCay is 5/22/19.  My Cruise Planner is showing all kinds of excursions with 20% off for the water park, helium balloon ride, and Oasis Island cabanas.

If all goes according to schedule, Navigator will be the 1st ship to visit Perfect Day on May 3rd.  IF this date holds true then you will have most of the Perfect Day experience available to you (some things at a cost of course).  I’ll be on Navigator for it’s 3rd trip there in May, I rented a beach bed so if Perfect Day isn’t ready, I will still have a great day relaxing on the beach!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I booked the Anthem to Bahamas/Coco Cay for Feb 2020 b/c I wanted to be SURE that the whole thing would be up and running when I went.  Now I'm beginning to worry that it might not all be functional even by then !  <hopefully> The pier will be completed by then; I just hope all of the attractions and restaurants are fully operational by then.

We're going in just over 2 weeks.  I do NOT expect anything to be finished for this trip.  I will stay on the ship but maybe I can provide some updates.  We will also be there the following week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I booked the Anthem to Bahamas/Coco Cay for Feb 2020 b/c I wanted to be SURE that the whole thing would be up and running when I went.  Now I'm beginning to worry that it might not all be functional even by then !  <hopefully> The pier will be completed by then; I just hope all of the attractions and restaurants are fully operational by then.

We're going in just over 2 weeks.  I do NOT expect anything to be finished for this trip.  I will stay on the ship but maybe I can provide some updates.  We will also be there the following week.

I’m looking fwd to the update... we’ll be at Cococay on 19 April and I don’t really know what to expect...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We're going in just over 2 weeks.  I do NOT expect anything to be finished for this trip.

I asked and it was hinted by a Genie that they "might" have a Suites area on Coco Cay like they do on Labadee and that if they do have a Suites area it might be over by the Beach Club and the over water cabanas, IMO, this is a big rumor and should be taken as such.

You might ask your Genie coming up and see what information they provide...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

I asked and it was hinted by a Genie that they "might" have a Suites area on Coco Cay like they do on Labadee and that if they do have a Suites area it might be over by the Beach Club and the over water cabanas, IMO, this is a big rumor and should be taken as such.

You might ask your Genie coming up and see what information they provide...

I have been wondering about this.  I know that the official answer is "no"...that they will not have a suites area but honestly, I find that almost impossible to believe.  Maybe not at first...but eventually I expect that they will.  I sure hope so.  As we will be going there TWICE next month I will ask my Genie if she has heard anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...