Drink Cards

mickjacket

26 minutes ago, mickjacket said:

Is there a price limit per drink, or do they just deduct whatever the cost is from the available balance?

The drink card covers any drink up to the same per drink limit that the drink package has ($12 on most ships, $13 on Oasis/Quantum class).

With the drink card you can order any drink up to $12 on most ships and $13 on Oasis/Quantum class ships.  If your drink costs more than this, Royal Caribbean just charges you the difference.  For example, my wife purchased some fancy martinis that cost $15, with the card I had to pay the $2 difference plus gratuity.  You also don't receive a benefit from purchasing a $10 drink, you don't owe anything but you don't receive the $2 credit either.  Obviously, you should only purchase drinks that cost more than drink card average, in your case $9 ($90/10).  Usually the bartenders will tell me not to buy beer with the drink card because the cost of a beer is usually less than what you paid for a drink on the card.

1 hour ago, SolariumSnoozer said:

With the drink card you can order any drink up to $12 on most ships and $13 on Oasis/Quantum class ships.  If your drink costs more than this, Royal Caribbean just charges you the difference.  For example, my wife purchased some fancy martinis that cost $15, with the card I had to pay the $2 difference plus gratuity.  You also don't receive a benefit from purchasing a $10 drink, you don't owe anything but you don't receive the $2 credit either.  Obviously, you should only purchase drinks that cost more than drink card average, in your case $9 ($90/10).  Usually the bartenders will tell me not to buy beer with the drink card because the cost of beer is usually less than what you paid for drink on the card.

Which makes the card useless for beer drinkers :(

1 hour ago, jticarruthers said:

Which makes the card useless for beer drinkers ?

There is usually a draft beer card you can buy.  You are limited as to what is on draft, but as long as you are not picky it's definitely a savings.  On Adventure in May, we had a choice of two beers and one cider.  Not all locations offer draft beers, so it does limit as to where you can get the beer.  But it's something!