Anthem Cruise

JenC

2 quick questions...do i have to print a new SetSail Pass after purchasing Deluxe Beverage Package?  Was thinking maybe the purchase in the barcode.  Are making reservations for the RipCord and Northstar only available on the ship?  I can't add to my cruise planner.

Thank you!

Welcome aboard Jen!

Yes, print a new set sail pass. Your sea pass cards will be in your cabin waiting for you. If you want to get a drink before your cabin is ready to occupy, you will use your set sail paperwork. 

I haven't been on the Anthem, yet, so I can't answer the ripcord nor northstar question. But, I am assuming you are more than 150 days out from embarkation and that may be why you can't make a reservation. I am sure someone else here will have the correct response. :27_sunglasses:

19 minutes ago, JenC said:

2 quick questions...do i have to print a new SetSail Pass after purchasing Deluxe Beverage Package?  Was thinking maybe the purchase in the barcode.  Are making reservations for the RipCord and Northstar only available on the ship?  I can't add to my cruise planner.

Thank you!

Those attractions must be booked up, so I would suggest trying to get to get reservations as soon as you get onboard. The remaining spots fill up quickly.

42 minutes ago, JenC said:

do i have to print a new SetSail Pass after purchasing Deluxe Beverage Package?  Was thinking maybe the purchase in the barcode. 

There's probably no harm in re-printing, but my expectation would be that the bar code represents your SeaPass account and that the drink package purchase is keyed off your account, not the bar code. To that point, if you bought a drink package, printed the pass, and then cancelled the drink package, you wouldn't be able to get drinks with the drink package benefits on day one.

48 minutes ago, JenC said:

Thank you!

When is your sail date?  Like @rjac, iFly and North Star are either not open yet for booking (if you are too far out) or they are full (if you are sailing soon).  Those activities usually do show up in the cruise planner.  When it does varies.  For Anthem, I was able to grab activity bookings around 150 days out, some report closer to 90 days out.  If you are close to sailing @twangster has details on how you can possibly get them upon embarkation.

If you can't make any reservations ahead of time head to Boleros as soon as you board (down one deck in the Promenade).  There you will find they have set up temporary "Box Office" stations to make last minute reservations.  They hold a certain number of time slots for this purpose but do it as soon as you board because reservations are not limitless. 

I wouldn't think it necessary to reprint your set sail pass.  Simply tell any bartender you have the drink package when you hand it to them. 

31 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

For Anthem, I was able to grab activity bookings around 150 days out, some report closer to 90 days out. 

Thanks for this time range, @Lovetocruise2002! I've been checking pretty much weekly for a while now, and still nothing with 137 days to go. Guess I better start checking daily now! ?

Do the reservations for Northstar and iFly show up under "Excursions" or "Entertainment & Activities"? I actually saw a new excursion for PADI re-certification pop up on our first sea day in the Excursions section, and I don't recall ever seeing excursions for sea days before now.

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

If you can't make any reservations ahead of time head to Boleros as soon as you board (down one deck in the Promenade).  There you will find they have set up temporary "Box Office" stations to make last minute reservations.  They hold a certain number of time slots for this purpose but do it as soon as you board because reservations are not limitless. 

I wouldn't think it necessary to reprint your set sail pass.  Simply tell any bartender you have the drink package when you hand it to them. 

Thank you!!!!!

Just now, JLMoran said:

Thanks for this time range, @Lovetocruise2002! I've been checking pretty much weekly for a while now, and still nothing with 137 days to go. Guess I better start checking daily now! ?

Do the reservations for Northstar and iFly show up under "Excursions" or "Entertainment & Activities"? I actually saw a new excursion for PADI re-certification pop up on our first sea day in the Excursions section, and I don't recall ever seeing excursions for sea days before now.

Entertainment and Activities. 

Put some though into NorthStar timing.  Do you want a sea day or a port day?

1 minute ago, JLMoran said:

I’ve been checking weekly since I booked the cruise & was never able to reserve the RipCord or Northstar. Thank you for all of your help!!

Just now, JenC said:

Thank you!!!!!

In December I did a B2B and spent 19 nights on Anthem.  Then in January I did another 9 nights.  My live blogs from those cruises are here:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5068-anthem-112517-712-b2b/

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5387-anthem-11919-9-night-bahamas/

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Entertainment and Activities. 

Either sea day or 1st port day. We have an excursion 2nd port day. There are 3 of us. How do I make the booking? You are a rock star for all of your help!!!!!

Just now, JenC said:

Either sea day or 1st port day. We have an excursion 2nd port day. There are 3 of us. How do I make the booking? You are a rock star for all of your help!!!!!

You can continue to check the cruise planner to see if reservations become available.  If not it will say something like "Check onboard".  Once on board the box office staff can make them for you.

The box office staff are often cast from the entertainment shows.  They do the box office thing on day one as a side job to make a few extra bucks and to help out.  

When you board there will be a circular staircase right there.  Head down the stairs and Boleros is right there.  You may see a line forming depending what time you board.  If in doubt just ask where the box office staff are set up.

This just brought up another thing that I just remembered.  There is something to be said for riding North Star on a port day if you can squeeze it in.  It is quite a memorable experience.  On Anthem in March, we were able to do both.  Reservations were only available for sea days but my daughter and I stumbled across the NS on a port day with no line up.  We walked right on.  So if you can't get reservations for a sea day, try the port day, either before or after your excursion.  IMO, it was better on a port day anyway.

@JLMoran, as @twangster already mentioned, it shows up under "Activities and Entertainment".  And off topic, keep an eye out for the CK reservations too to open under dining because you can make them online on Anthem. 

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

There is something to be said for riding North Star on a port day if you can squeeze it in.  It is quite a memorable experience

Very true. On a port day there is sooo much more to see than just staring at water. And other islands may come into view besides the port you are in.

26 minutes ago, twangster said:

You can continue to check the cruise planner to see if reservations become available.  If not it will say something like "Check onboard".  Once on board the box office staff can make them for you.

The box office staff are often cast from the entertainment shows.  They do the box office thing on day one as a side job to make a few extra bucks and to help out.  

When you board there will be a circular staircase right there.  Head down the stairs and Boleros is right there.  You may see a line forming depending what time you board.  If in doubt just ask where the box office staff are set up.

5 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This just brought up another thing that I just remembered.  There is something to be said for riding North Star on a port day if you can squeeze it in.  It is quite a memorable experience.  On Anthem in March, we were able to do both.  Reservations were only available for sea days but my daughter and I stumbled across the NS on a port day with no line up.  We walked right on.  So if you can't get reservations for a sea day, try the port day, either before or after your excursion.  IMO, it was better on a port day anyway.

@JLMoran, as @twangster already mentioned, it shows up under "Activities and Entertainment".  And off topic, keep an eye out for the CK reservations too to open under dining because you can make them online on Anthem. 

Good point, thank you!!

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

And off topic, keep an eye out for the CK reservations too to open under dining because you can make them online on Anthem. 

I've had CK visible in the Dining section of Cruise Planner for a long time now, but every time I attempt to make a reservation I'm told it's not available. I thought this was actually correct since I'm in a JS and those supposedly cannot book online, only after boarding. But if you're saying even JS guests can make reservations online then I'll keep trying every week or two. Maybe I just need to be inside a 90-day or 45-day window or something...

4 hours ago, twangster said:

I seem to recall that Anthem doesn't do the "over the side" move with NS on sea days, so if that's off the table then I'd probably go for a port day. Most likely our first day in Bermuda since we have the whole day and no time pressure; could grab the first one of the morning before it gets too hot, then head over to Horseshoe Bay beach and start our day of lounging around. Otherwise I'd try and get whatever is closest to sunset while in port, assuming we didn't have anything lined up at that time like a sunset catamaran cruise or the like.

Just now, JLMoran said:

I've had CK visible in the Dining section of Cruise Planner for a long time now, but every time I attempt to make a reservation I'm told it's not available. I thought this was actually correct since I'm in a JS and those supposedly cannot book online, only after boarding. But if you're saying even JS guests can make reservations online then I'll keep trying every week or two. Maybe I just need to be inside a 90-day or 45-day window or something...

They come and go.  It seems you can make advance reservations on Anthem but not on Harmony, even in a GS. 

Standard website consistency.

Just now, JLMoran said:

I seem to recall that Anthem doesn't do the "over the side" move with NS on sea days, so if that's off the table then I'd probably go for a port day. Most likely our first day in Bermuda since we have the whole day and no time pressure; could grab the first one of the morning before it gets too hot, then head over to Horseshoe Bay beach and start our day of lounging around. Otherwise I'd try and get whatever is closest to sunset while in port, assuming we didn't have anything lined up at that time like a sunset catamaran cruise or the like.

Sunset or golden hour can be nice.  Keep in mind you can slip in some days when crowds are light.  I rode several times on my cruises but only once with a reservation. 

On one occasion they had to shut it down for winds but they accommodated me with another reservation. 

You are correct, no over the side, just a little left/right movement.

6 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

then head over to Horseshoe Bay beach and start our day of lounging around

Joe--don't know if you have been there before and we have not been to as many places as others on this blog, but Horseshoe Bay Beach is our favorite. Crystal clear water and pink sand. You and the family will love it. Our second favorite is Harbor Lights in Barbados. Sand is like white powder.

12 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

You should be able to.  This happened to me too.  At about 170 days out, it was visible but no able to book.  Then, it wasn't even visible anymore.  A few weeks later, it came back and I was able to book it (and I was in a JS).  Then it disappeared completely again.  Time to check you CP daily lol.  It seems that you can make them on Anthem but not in OA class ships.  

9 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

No over the side on sea or port days.  I mentioned in my blog that the operator explained that it was too time consuming to do that.

Just now, Skid said:

You and the family will love it.

Well, the wife and I will love it; the kids get left behind on this one while my spouse of 20 years and I have a date lasting 5 nights! ?

The kids are already getting grumpy over the two of us talking about things we can do while we're there or while on our sea days. Especially since our parents both gave us money for our anniversary that we plan to use for something on the ship (couples massage?) or to pay for some of the on-island things. Can't wait to hear the feedback after I send them some pics from the actual beach or the Crystal Cave. ?

Sorry to hijack the thread from the OP, I'll shut up now. ?

On 5/29/2018 at 3:02 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

You should be able to.  This happened to me too.  At about 170 days out, it was visible but no able to book.  Then, it wasn't even visible anymore.  A few weeks later, it came back and I was able to book it (and I was in a JS).  Then it disappeared completely again.  Time to check you CP daily lol.

I just had CK disappear on me from the Cruise Planner. So now I just need to re-check for a couple of weeks until it reappears, and then hopefully I'll finally be able to book some times!