Cozumel: Best Beach Club????

tonyfsu21

36 minutes ago, RaleighTrout said:

Thinking about Playa Mia because I have a teenager and a 10 year old

Full disclosure: I haven't actually been to Playa Mia, but, I think you might consider Mr Sanchos as a better alternative.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Full disclosure: I haven't actually been to Playa Mia, but, I think you might consider Mr Sanchos as a better alternative.

I've been to Playa Mia and I'll agree that you should look into Mr. Sanchos.  The biggest advantage of Playa Mia is if you have young kids and want a zero depth kids splash area or have child who is a bit to small to ride the waterslides on the ship.  Neither which applies to you. The food at Playa Mia is just ok but the inflatables are lots of fun.

1 hour ago, melski94 said:

I've been to Playa Mia and I'll agree that you should look into Mr. Sanchos.  The biggest advantage of Playa Mia is if you have young kids and want a zero depth kids splash area or have child who is a bit to small to ride the waterslides on the ship.  Neither which applies to you. The food at Playa Mia is just ok but the inflatables are lots of fun.

Playa Mia has the giant waterslide and the inflatables out in the water.  That appealed to the teen and the 10 yr old.    We are on Majesty and she has no waterslides ?

17 hours ago, RaleighTrout said:

Playa Mia has the giant waterslide and the inflatables out in the water.  That appealed to the teen and the 10 yr old.    We are on Majesty and she has no waterslides ?

I was trying to point out the difference between Mr Sanchos and Playa Mia since both have inflatables. Since you are on a ship without slides then the waterslides could be an advantage too. My older kids love Playa Mia with the inflatables, waterslide and the ability to do a little snorkeling right off the beach. It is not good snorkeling but Playa Mia has underwater statues that a few fish are around.  However, the biggest disadvantage is the food at Playa Mia. The food there is just ok (thats being generous, I'm not a foodie and think the MDR is pretty good). If food is a concern then there are other places to look at that have inflatables but you give up the waterslide. Good to have choices!

Sorry adding one more thing about Playa Mia that I didn't like as I just remembered it. If you reserve online at Playa Mia, you have to pay in full and the refund policy is not very generous.  There is no wording about refunds for rain or if the ship doesn't make it into port. As we have been there during peak times like Spring Break, we had to book online as they turn away people who don't make reservations. Not sure how many ships will be in port on your day but you may want to check. Also, you may want to see if a 3rd party booking site like Viator or shore excursioneer has a better refund policy.

Mr Sanchos only has a $5 reservation and you pay the balance when you arrive.

42 minutes ago, melski94 said:

Sorry adding one more thing about Playa Mia that I didn't like as I just remembered it. If you reserve online at Playa Mia, you have to pay in full and the refund policy is not very generous.  There is no wording about refunds for rain or if the ship doesn't make it into port. As we have been there during peak times like Spring Break, we had to book online as they turn away people who don't make reservations. Not sure how many ships will be in port on your day but you may want to check. Also, you may want to see if a 3rd party booking site like Viator or shore excursioneer has a better refund policy.

Mr Sanchos only has a $5 reservation and you pay the balance when you arrive.

Very helpful, thank you.  I looked and their will be 4 ships in Cozumel that day, with Majesty being first in at 7am.  Carnival Fantasy at 8am, Carnival Freedom at 10am and Carnival Vista also at 10am

We were in Cozumel in February and we were the 5th and last ship in port. We were booked at Mr Sanchos.  That prompted a no brainer decision by both of us that we were not going to Mr Sanchos. It is first come first served  . Best wasted $ 10.00 ever.  Worse than trying to find a deck chair on a sea day.  Seeing as to how you are the first ship in beat feet of the boat and get to which ever establishment you choose and enjoy the day and your cruise.  

On 5/9/2018 at 9:38 AM, RaleighTrout said:

I will look into Mr Sanchos.  Thanks for the suggestion

We looked at Mr. Sanchos via YouTube over the weekend ..... looks like a lot of fun, albeit, a bit crowded...... the one upside about Nachi Cocum is they limited the number of people.  When we go next April, there will only be 4 ships in Cozumel and we're the last one to arrive...... hmmmm, decisions, decisions, decisions.  I think we'll probably end up at Mr. Sanchos.

11 hours ago, Hockeyman55 said:

We are on Harmony Saturday and had decided on Mr Sanchos for the day for us and the kids. From all the videos and reviews I have read it seems like a good choice for us. 

Please let us know what you think .... that may help us in our decision for next spring.

On 5/13/2018 at 8:34 AM, fonemanbob said:

We were in Cozumel in February and we were the 5th and last ship in port. We were booked at Mr Sanchos.  That prompted a no brainer decision by both of us that we were not going to Mr Sanchos. It is first come first served  . Best wasted $ 10.00 ever.  Worse than trying to find a deck chair on a sea day.  Seeing as to how you are the first ship in beat feet of the boat and get to which ever establishment you choose and enjoy the day and your cruise.  

As coney said - this is precisely why you want to do Nachi - they limit how many guests they get per day.  So, no matter if you're the first or

the last ship in port, it won't get so crazycrowded.  The food and drink were great, too!