Grand Suite Perks

Pooch

11 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Hmm, if we get a couple of free drinks each per night,

I tossed this around alot. We are in a Suite for our May cruise. We are not heavy drinkers but do like a couple cocktails. But what made me decide to book the Deluxe Package was also we are huge water drinkers during the day, I love my fresh orange juice, etc and I started adding up everything it made sense even though we have concierge. Having said that, I booked the package when it was on sale back around Thanksgiving at $41.00 a day.

And i’m a seltzer drinker plus love specialty coffees.  Haven’t seen a drink package sale for our cruise yet, currently $50 each, but i will keep looking.  Daughter & hubby are firmly in the “buy the drink package” camp!

On 3/13/2018 at 3:24 PM, Pooch said:

Hmm, if we get a couple of free drinks each per night, might make more sense to buy the refreshment package & pay out of pocket for anything else.

I mixed this with the 2 bottles of wine I could bring + I didn't have any free drinks for suite or Diamond but I didn't spend more than $100 on extra drinks. If you do get the refreshment package if you have a good bartender they will only charge you for the shot. I did have some good and some not good bartenders so it is a risk in that aspect.

Booked the package with the sale last weekend.  It came to $47 each with gratuity.  I used our $200 OBC as it doesn't look as if we are booking any excursions with RCCL.  So the final charge was $630.  That's $42 each per day.  With the bottled water, specialty coffees, fresh juice and a couple of drinks, I think we will spend that much. 

We aren't wine drinkers so wouldn't be bringing any on board.

On 3/13/2018 at 4:18 PM, Pooch said:

And i’m a seltzer drinker plus love specialty coffees.  Haven’t seen a drink package sale for our cruise yet, currently $50 each, but i will keep looking.  Daughter & hubby are firmly in the “buy the drink package” camp!

I've seen Royal offer BOGO on drink packages before so look for that as well!  

On 3/13/2018 at 5:18 PM, Pooch said:

You can get the Coffee Card and you can get seltzer or tonic water free at any bar.  Hubby got tonic water on the Oasis last summer at no cost.