Countdown to Cruise Sale?

Pooch

I saw this posted on the RC blog.  Of course I don't see it in my Cruise Planner!  I looked all over the RCCL website and can find no reference to it anywhere.  How do I find out about these sales, besides my obsessive checking here ?  Do they send emails to people booked on an applicable cruise?  Is it just dumb luck that you stumble across it?

Unfortunately, it does just require some checking of the cruise planner. Not every sale is applicable to every sailing, and prices for things (like drink packages) vary from ship to ship and sailing to sailing. Check a few times per week (especially check during any holiday weekend) and book if you think the price is good. If the price on something drops, you can always cancel for a refund and purchase again for the lower price.

22 minutes ago, Pooch said:

I saw this posted on the RC blog.  Of course I don't see it in my Cruise Planner!  I looked all over the RCCL website and can find no reference to it anywhere.  How do I find out about these sales, besides my obsessive checking here ?  Do they send emails to people booked on an applicable cruise?  Is it just dumb luck that you stumble across it?

How far out is your cruise?  If it's too far out, there won't be anything in your cruise planner so you will have to wait for the next sale.  I have seen dining open up in the CP as early as 170 days out and entertainment open up about 150 days prior.  Shore excursions open up a bit before Dining.  There's not set date either.  You just have to keep checking.

Also, if you are looking for the sale banners, I've noticed it doesn't show up on my tablet/devices but on my laptop it does.  So you might think it's not on sale but it is...

For what it’s worth, I did get an email this morning about this sale for my upcoming March 31 sailing on Freedom. I only started getting emails about sales when I was inside about 4 or 5 months from sailing (earliest I remember is emails from December), I would hazard a guess that’s the soonest you could expect to start seeing emails for your own cruise.

1 minute ago, Sabrinaklai said:

They don't like us.  I never ever get emails either. I've called them to add me etc. nothing.

I hadn't thought about it until @JLMoran said something above, I looked back at my email history and I haven't gotten an email from Royal since January 16th, I was receiving e-mail religiously, 1-2 a week up to that time.

What I've done in the past is go into my profile, uncheck the "send me email", save, then go back in and check the "send me email", save. I just tried it again, we will see. This shouldn't make a difference, but it has, and yes, I have checked my spam and clutter, I'm not losing it there either, they just stop.

2 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

I hadn't thought about it until @JLMoran said something above, I looked back at my email history and I haven't gotten an email from Royal since January 16th, I was receiving e-mail religiously, 1-2 a week up to that time.

What I've done in the past is go into my profile, uncheck the "send me email", save, then go back in and check the "send me email", save. I just tried it again, we will see. This shouldn't make a difference, but it has, and yes, I have checked my spam and clutter, I'm not losing it there either, they just stop.

I did fiddle around with that before.  I even called and they added my other email address to their list.  They told me to call back in a few weeks if I did not get anything.  I did.  That was two years ago.  I've already given up lol.  

8 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

I did fiddle around with that before.  I even called and they added my other email address to their list.  They told me to call back in a few weeks if I did not get anything.  I did.  That was two years ago.  I've already given up lol.  

Ya I have just added checking cruise planner to my daily schedule lol