Jump to content

Flo Rider Question - Allure of the Seas


rjac
 Share

Recommended Posts

Pull down a cruise compass from a past cruiser and verify open times.  They are not open all day typically.  It's a good strategy though, using a port day will tend to see less flow riders.

Star class suites have priority access and I've seen a suite full of kids hog a flow rider on one occasion.  There were some grumpy cruisers over it but they paid for it (or their parents did).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, twangster said:

It is, but on Oasis Class ships, Star Class Suite guests have a priority line.  They can ride it over and over again preventing anyone else from riding it.  They paid for Star Class which comes with this privilege.  

Hmmm....another point I can use for my case for Star Class when trying to convince hubby lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, rjac said:

So, Joe, on port days is it pretty much locked up by private lessons/ Star Class guests?

rjac

That I can't say, since I haven't even been on a ship yet. :4_joy: But I have seen this as an option in the Activities & Entertainment section of the Cruise Planner for my cruises. Here's the one for Freedom of the Seas in March. The prices are definitely at the level where I'd expect mostly suite guests to be booking this.

5a1409b6394ec_FlowRiderActivities.thumb.png.0b9bcb5f4450a6626285ea5b01632c35.png

I clicked on the "Ultimate FlowRider Experience" activity to see what it says and do a mock booking. The description reads, "Reserve the FlowRider for the family (or yourself!) with this exclusive private lesson." Only one person can actually make the booking, and a single booking is limited to an hour so I'm guessing it follows the pattern of cabana rentals where just one person buys the activity, but a large group can then take part. The "Number of Guests" pull-down shows up to 12 people, although I couldn't select a date or time if I said there was any more than one guest. After doing that, all dates showed only one time slot available for each day (the very first one of the day, at 7 or 8 AM, depending on the day). So either all other available slots have been booked already, or they are making an effort to limit hogging; I'm wagering on the former, but I'm a natural-born cynic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the reserved times are outside of normal open to the public times.  Here are (were) the open times from Allure in May at Falmouth just as an example:

 Flowrider.jpeg.ad4e13a9369b02b7566d3159e2ac3e56.jpeg

By 3:30pm most folks are back on but 5-6:30pm folks maybe be getting into dinner mode and traffic may be lighter.  Boogie boarding 9-11am would most likely be the best times on this port day.

Boogie boarding has a 52" height requirement and waivers must be signed.  Suggest doing so before cruise or early in cruise as they close the waiver desk ~1hr before the flow rider times end above.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, twangster said:

I think the reserved times are outside of normal open to the public times.  Here are (were) the open times from Allure in May at Falmouth just as an example:

 Flowrider.jpeg.ad4e13a9369b02b7566d3159e2ac3e56.jpeg

By 3:30pm most folks are back on but 5-6:30pm folks maybe be getting into dinner mode and traffic may be lighter.  Boogie boarding 9-11am would most likely be the best times on this port day.

Boogie boarding has a 52" height requirement and waivers must be signed.  Suggest doing so before cruise or early in cruise as they close the waiver desk ~1hr before the flow rider times end above.

On Harmony in August and on the Allure last summer my husband always went around the 3:30pm-4pm time.  It was pretty quick then.  At 9am is was usually quite empty.  We would watch sometimes while eating breakfast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/20/2017 at 9:31 PM, Sabrinaklai said:

Hmmm....another point I can use for my case for Star Class when trying to convince hubby lol. 

Ok Sabrina, I'm now looking at Allure! (Don't laugh at me!) what is Star Class? I would be booking the Grand Suite?? Does that count? I looked at Freedom's itinerary for when we want to go and it was too port intensive and I've been to all of them. I like having at least 2 sea days. Did you like Allure?? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

Ok Sabrina, I'm now looking at Allure! (Don't laugh at me!) what is Star Class? I would be booking the Grand Suite?? Does that count? I looked at Freedom's itinerary for when we want to go and it was too port intensive and I've been to all of them. I like having at least 2 sea days. Did you like Allure?? 

Yes. Loved every Oasis class ship! And no, GS is not star class lol. 

What is Star Class? It will bring out the "cruise snob" in you @Boston Babe and she'll never go away!

Basically, it's everything that Sky Class gets and more. Pretty much everything, drinks, VOOM, specialty dining is included and it all comes with a Genie who is your personal butler/concierge for the week. And for me it's a dream at this point cause there is no way hubby is going for it! I even read him the article that @Matt had a link to from travel weekly. Still no luck.

If you go on Allure, you'll still love the GS. Can't go wrong with Sky class benefits. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Star Class kids were able to ride the Flow Rider over and over without any wait then someone (staff monitoring the FR lines) was not doing their job.  Yes, Star Class has a priority line but this does not permit Star Class pax to ride, endlessly.  They should still have to allow non-priority pax to ride on an alternating basis (usually 3 non-priority to 1 priority).  If Star Class are truly hogging the FR line, that’s a sure way for Star Class to lose this perk completely.  I hope that’s not happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...