Time zone change

ZinzMat

It is up to the Captain if the ship changes time. Typically for a Caribbean cruise time does not change but you should verify while on the ship and before you get off.  

One tip is to change the settings on your phone so it does not change time automatically.  Also, verify with any tour operators if you are meeting on ship time or local time.

We did West Coast to Hawaii a few years ago.  Great cruise.  We changed times 3 times during the trans Pacific portion of the trip.  It was in the daily paper (Carnival's version is called  the Cruise Compass I think) and was announced by the Captain in the Noon announcements.

30 minutes ago, ocalatim01 said:

All RC ships that I know of that sail out of Florida go by Eastern and stay on Eastern the whole cruise.

They do change back to Central or forward to Atlantic if needed, I've had to do both from FL ports.

Varies by itinerary but the front page of the cruise compass always informs you of island time if its different than ship time, or if the ship will be changing time during the sailing.  I've never found it to be an issue.  I do change the setting on my phone to disable automatic times zones and at each port I confirm the time with the security crew.  I often ask "what time is all aboard?" but they usually have a sign with that as you get off the ship.

I have had it both ways.  Typically on Royal Caribbean, you stay on "ships time" which is the time zone based on the departure port.  On Disney, it changed when the ship crossed the time zones.  That was a pain because one night you may have gone forward and then the next night you have to go back.  

When I cruise, I wear a cheap waterproof watch so that I always know what time it is.  You will find that your phone, smartwatches will change based on their GPS location.  

I've seen it go both ways...... When we did Western Caribbean years ago, we stayed on "ships time" (Eastern Standard) ---- but more recently, when we went to Bermuda, we were told to change our clocks both before arriving, then after departing.

Just keep an eye on the Cruise Compass...... it'll let you know either way

On 11/5/2017 at 5:55 AM, RCVoyager said:

We did West Coast to Hawaii a few years ago.  Great cruise.  We changed times 3 times during the trans Pacific portion of the trip.  It was in the daily paper (Carnival's version is called  the Cruise Compass I think) and was announced by the Captain in the Noon announcements.

The Cruise Compass is Royal's name for the daily program. Carnival's is called Carnival Fun Times, formerly Carnival Caper.