Adventure of Sea Cruise-transportation to pier

Diane S

We will be sailing out of Puerto Rico on November 4.  This is the 2nd cruise with RC.  We usually sail out of Galveston where we park right next to the dock.   How can we get to the pier.   Does RC offer a transfer from the airport?   Do they offer transport from pier back to airport when we return home.  

Thanks for the help. 

I agree with Brian.  I hear many people say that they do not prefer the Royal transfers but I basically appreciate the convenience and reliability of the shuttle.

Pros:  

• Paid for up front
  • Reliable - they WILL be there to pick you up on time
  • You are guaranteed to get to your destination
  • Peace of mind.  Taken care of up front.  Nothing to worry about on debark
  • I LOVE the excitement of arriving at the airport and seeing that lady or gentleman standing with the "Royal Caribbean" sign in their hand, just WAITING to take me somewhere fun !

Cons:

• May cost a bit more than a taxi but often doesn't
  • It's a bus.  Not much glamour there
  • You normally have to wait for the bus to fill up so you could have a bit of a wait at the pier (or airport, depending upon which way you're going)

2 hours ago, Diane S said:

(Don't ask...hubby doesn't think a TA is necessary) 

Not to get off on a TA tangent, but..... Using a TA is less about booking the reservation, and more to do with having a knowledgeable partner who can make your life easier.  Let them sit on hold with RC and go back and forth to get a change done rather than you.

16 hours ago, KathyC said:

Not all Uber drivers speak English very well in Puerto Rico.  Someone (can't remember who at this point) scoped their trip to the Bacardi factory and mentioned that.  I took special note as we were supposed to go there on our Oasis sailing.

Isn't that the benefit of Uber? It's all handle through the app so the driver already knows where you're going and the money transaction is already done. This is one of the reasons I liked using Uber in Europe. Plus, knowing the cost of the trip up front was nice. 

On 10/13/2017 at 11:39 AM, tiny260 said:

Agree with @DocLC , Taxi was easy and convenient, that was pre huricanne though.

I was reading a live blog on CruiseCritic this morning, and they said taxis are running.  

@Diane S We're sailing on Adventure from San Juan on Nov 18.  I'm planning on taxing the taxi to the pier in order to make sure 100% of the money stays in Puerto Rico and isn't siphoned off to Miami or wherever Uber is located.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2017 at 1:30 PM, DocLC said:

Isn't that the benefit of Uber? It's all handle through the app so the driver already knows where you're going and the money transaction is already done. This is one of the reasons I liked using Uber in Europe. Plus, knowing the cost of the trip up front was nice. 

I wish I could remember who scoped it...but they said there was a bit of a communication issue with the driver. 

58 minutes ago, KathyC said:

I wish I could remember who scoped it...but they said there was a bit of a communication issue with the driver. 

That wasn't my experience and it won't be a problem at the airport as there's a person who speaks English and arranges the taxis for you. If you have a smart phone, download the Google Translate app and download Spanish for offline use and if there is a communication issue the app will solve it. 

On 10/25/2017 at 11:11 PM, DocLC said:

That wasn't my experience and it won't be a problem at the airport as there's a person who speaks English and arranges the taxis for you. If you have a smart phone, download the Google Translate app and download Spanish for offline use and if there is a communication issue the app will solve it. 

This was an Uber driver, not a taxi driver.