Post-Vacation Detox: 7 Ways to Cleanse After a Cruise

rjac

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:44 PM, rjac said:

Here's an interesting link from Cruise Critic: https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2948&et_cid=3005457&et_rid=245092001&et_referrer=Boards - CC-US

I know everyone will enjoy it as there are very, very few cruisers here who wine & dine within strict moderation when aboard a cruise ship. :27_sunglasses:

Leslie and I must have done something right. After watching what we have been eating for a long time at home we decided to let it go, with moderation, on our cruise. We ate dessert, every day. We watched our portions, but not what we ate. We walked a lot. Had a great time. And only came home each 2lbs heavier! 

6 minutes ago, FManke said:

Leslie and I must have done something right. After watching what we have been eating for a long time at home we decided to let it go, with moderation, on our cruise. We ate dessert, every day. We watched our portions, but not what we ate. We walked a lot. Had a great time. And only came home each 2lbs heavier! 

That is usually the case with us too.  We live a pretty healthy day to day lifestyle.  We watch very carefully what we eat normally and pretty much avoid sodium.  However, one of our cruise rules is that there is no holding back, no counting calories, let it all go and each time we come back we are only about 2-3lbs heavier and it comes off over a week or so with lots of fluids (the non-alcoholic type :10_wink:).  I find most of the weight gain actually comes from water retention due to sodium in the food.  I think that might be why it is easy to bounce back.