Current Cruise Planner Sale - Specifically, Dining

Others have already posted tibs and tabs about this but I don't think there's a thread devoted to it...at least, not that I know of.

There has been a CP "sale" going on for a couple of days.  It is "on again/off again" but it's back on today.

BUT - BE CAREFUL.  Some of the dining packages include gratuities in the "list price" and some do not so be careful cancelling something that you already have until you know for SURE that it's going to be a savings.

1.  It appears as though MOST of the packages - UDP and 3 night, already include the grats.  If the grats are included, it will say so below the advertised price.  If it says "Gratuities Included" then the final price will simply be the number of packages that you are purchasing, multiplied by the price of the package(s) you are purchasing.  If it says "pre-cruise savings", the grats are NOT included in that price so you will have to calculate the total price to see what the final $$ will be.

2.  It APPEARS as though the requirement to eat at least one meal on nights #1 or #2 is gone.  The CP no longer required me to choose a "first" meal time.  That's a good thing, IMO.  Hopefully you can now use your packages on any days/nights that you choose.

3.  It appears as though all of the individual restaurants still require you to calculate gratuities....IOW, the grats are not included in the posted price for individual restaurants.  Some of the individual restaurants that I checked were less $$ than when I first purchased and some were not.  Just be sure that you know what you'll be paying BEFORE you cancel anything and/or purchase at the "reduced" price.  It seems like the package prices include grats.

4.  I was not able to use any of my available OBC when I purchased/repurchased my specialty dining.  It gave me the option of using the OBC but the final price was never reduced by the amount of the OBC so I am HOPING that the OBC is still there.  This is uncertain to me at the moment.  Hopefully the OBC will reappear in a day or so.

5.  As far as I can tell, the ability to make pre-purchased dining reservations ahead of time has still not been implemented.  I was never prompted to make any specific reservations.

6.  Other items in the CP may also be on sale.  I have only looked at dining so I am unaware if other areas of the CP are similarly affected.

The prices are pretty good (considering the upward trend for specialty pricing) and I saved quite a bit of $$ by cancelling and repurchasing but it took me a while to figure out the secret code.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The prices are pretty good (considering the upward trend for specialty pricing)

I've noticed the pricing plateau as well the past several months.  I think we may have finally hit the ceiling on dining (and beverage) package pricing.  Now if only internet and shore excursion pricing would finally top out too...

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Others have already posted tibs and tabs about this but I don't think there's a thread devoted to it...at least, not that I know of.

There has been a CP "sale" going on for a couple of days.  It is "on again/off again" but it's back on today.

BUT - BE CAREFUL.  Some of the dining packages include gratuities in the "list price" and some do not so be careful cancelling something that you already have until you know for SURE that it's going to be a savings.

1.  It appears as though MOST of the packages - UDP and 3 night, already include the grats.  If the grats are included, it will say so below the advertised price.  If it says "Gratuities Included" then the final price will simply be the number of packages that you are purchasing, multiplied by the price of the package(s) you are purchasing.  If it says "pre-cruise savings", the grats are NOT included in that price so you will have to calculate the total price to see what the final $$ will be.

2.  It APPEARS as though the requirement to eat at least one meal on nights #1 or #2 is gone.  The CP no longer required me to choose a "first" meal time.  That's a good thing, IMO.  Hopefully you can now use your packages on any days/nights that you choose.

3.  It appears as though all of the individual restaurants still require you to calculate gratuities....IOW, the grats are not included in the posted price for individual restaurants.  Some of the individual restaurants that I checked were less $$ than when I first purchased and some were not.  Just be sure that you know what you'll be paying BEFORE you cancel anything and/or purchase at the "reduced" price.  It seems like the package prices include grats.

4.  I was not able to use any of my available OBC when I purchased/repurchased my specialty dining.  It gave me the option of using the OBC but the final price was never reduced by the amount of the OBC so I am HOPING that the OBC is still there.  This is uncertain to me at the moment.  Hopefully the OBC will reappear in a day or so.

5.  As far as I can tell, the ability to make pre-purchased dining reservations ahead of time has still not been implemented.  I was never prompted to make any specific reservations.

6.  Other items in the CP may also be on sale.  I have only looked at dining so I am unaware if other areas of the CP are similarly affected.

The prices are pretty good (considering the upward trend for specialty pricing) and I saved quite a bit of $$ by cancelling and repurchasing but it took me a while to figure out the secret code.

I also had a problem trying to use my OBC to purchase airport shuttle tixs on the website. Tried it on the app and it worked. so maybe a glitch on the website??

Thank You. Thats what I mentioned in other post about 3 night dining package and not having  1 or 2 night courtesy reservation. It was about $30 less than I I have been looking at these last few weeks with gratuity so I purchased it. I thought the courtesy res not there is maybe that is because they may be allowing to reserve ahead of time down the road as they have been talking about. 
I have had to refresh a few times as I’m looking at internet package which is a good deal right now.  
I’m happy with our DBP/Refreshment package as we got the best price on the Diamond Member sale. 

23 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Update on this one.  It seems that they DID use the available OBC for these purchases even though it didn't seem like it was, at the time that I purchased.  I just reviewed all of the purchases I made online yesterday and the ones where I wanted to use OBC, do show the OBC calculated in the purchase price.  So ignore this statement from above.