Royal Pricing for Icon

I am sailing in July on the Icon of the Seas and I have noticed something about the pricing on the Cruise planner. When I first booked my room back in August of 23 Coco Beach Club was 307.  During the sales they ran it went down to 272, then down to 252, then down to 180 and now at 162.  I have noticed similar price drops on different items at Perfect Day.  When I sailed on the Oasis of the Seas last summer and at this point, everything at Perfect Day had sold out.  I am wondering if Royal has figured out that after paying a ton to get on the Icon, people have little appetite to spend on all the extras.  Has anyone sailing or sailed on the Icon noticed similar price drops?  

4 minutes ago, Jill said:

I’m on Icon next week and got the beach club for $125. It’ll drop more. Keep watching. Over the water cabanas went to $1,999. 

I agree. The cruise is so expensive no one is paying for the extras. 

I’m getting multiple emails daily about buying the deluxe beverage 

How low is the deluxe package for next week?

It's not just Icon, pretty much all cruises have increased by so much, that simple land vacations are now way cheaper than cruising. I've got 9 cruises booked for the next few months, but that's it, not booking anymore cruises until prices come back down to a reasonable cost. I think cruise line think we are all idiots.

I was on Icon Maiden and it truly was a set apart experience.  I don't mind RCL pricing up significantly for Icon class ships, especially in the first 2 or 3 years.  My real issue is that they hiked pricing on the rest of the fleet.  I've got 7 booked RCL cruises and the pricing is significantly higher than pre-COVID, way more than inflation.  The most interesting thing to me is the squeeze between the mass market segment and the premium segment.  For apples-to-apples cruise lengths and ports you can now book Celebrity or Princess for the same price as Royal.  Virgin and Holland America are still a little higher.  I've got a side-by-side pair of cruises out of Galveston where the 7 day Princess with drink package and gratuities is exactly the same price as Royal with gratuities but no drinks package (I'm D+ so this is an equivalent cruise for me).  I'll be interested in my reaction to consecutive cruises to the same ports on different cruise lines.  I've got a 15 day Oceania which is definitely higher price as it is a luxury small ship line but their alcohol drinks package is $30 pp / per day including gratuities.

If you follow RCL bookings they are definitely not negatively impacted by their huge price increases but I have to wonder if the "empty nesters" move to better alternatives over the next 3-5 years.