Safety hazard and how to escalate further up

33 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Mods, please can we shut this one down ?  Nothing useful here.

On which grounds? Am I not allowed to raise my concerns?

All has been said thougj, I think, but I think it can remain active in case someone has another idea to assist?

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Mods, please can we shut this one down ?  Nothing useful here.

1 hour ago, Someone_else said:

On which grounds? Am I not allowed to raise my concerns?

All has been said thougj, I think, but I think it can remain active in case someone has another idea to assist?

If we can remember this, then we can keep this thread open. But it’s getting close….

54 minutes ago, NotPayinExtra said:

Ok I've read every post.

Question.

What exactly do you want assistance with? 

My intial post says it all...please let me know if you  have any specific questions, Ill be happy to clarify. English is not my first language so what makes sense to me may not be the case for the readers.

1 minute ago, Someone_else said:

My intial post says it all...please let me know if you  have any specific questions, Ill be happy to clarify. English is not my first language so what makes sense to me may not be the case for the readers.

Unfortunately it doesn't say it all for me. What do you hope to accomplish? I truly don't understand?

On 4/13/2024 at 8:14 AM, Someone_else said:

After speaking with the resolution team agent, we took a look at what was available with a sofa bed, and we could have an ocean view for $500 more from what we paid for, not $2k (see print screen attached). Again, I will retierate that we are not willing to pay for the upgrade just because Royal Carrabean can't accomodate a family with 2 kids under 6 years of age. I would please ask that you consider having us in a room with a sofa bed (if it's the ocean view, so be it). The upgrade is not what we are asking for here. We would be more than happy with an interior room if it had something safe for our kids to sleep on.

You want help getting Royal Caribbean to give you a cabin that you feel is safe for your children without paying for an upgrade? Because you feel pullmans are too dangerous? That's what I'm getting from what you wrote. If I'm wrong you will need to simplify your story. 

15 minutes ago, NotPayinExtra said:

You want help getting Royal Caribbean to give you a cabin that you feel is safe for your children without paying for an upgrade? Because you feel pullmans are too dangerous? That's what I'm getting from what you wrote. If I'm wrong you will need to simplify your story. 

I said multiple time I would be more than happy in an interior cabin...so no, having a free upgrade is not what I am after. 

I think I've explained it all, don't feel like typing everything all over again - sorry. 

You want Royal Caribbean to make the information on the configurations of the state rooms more specific in the website. 

If I finally guessed right? I don't see anything wrong with the descriptions personally. More importantly other than send a letter or email I can't imagine how anyone could help you with that. 

14 minutes ago, NotPayinExtra said:

You want Royal Caribbean to make the information on the configurations of the state rooms more specific in the website. 

If I finally guessed right? I don't see anything wrong with the descriptions personally. More importantly other than send a letter or email I can't imagine how anyone could help you with that. 

No, not exactly it, but thanks for your reply.

Dear Someone_else,

Well, welcome to these boards and discussions about RC.  There are dozens of cruise forums, and more than a dozen cruise lines, and there are always complaints, questions, reviews, and discussions.  Some people post the same question on different sites and responses will vary. Often folks disagree, and everyone's experiences are individual and unique. Remember, all these forums are used by fellow cruisers, who are busy with their own lives, but do enjoy sharing their cruise experiences. 

You were seeking feedback with an issue, and you received a lot, so you can either use some of the advice for your situation, or just realize your concerns will never be resolved.  Then the choice is cancel the cruise and choose another ship, or another cruise line, or do some other kind of vacation that suits your family better. Unfortunately, in no way, shape or form is this a "government" issue (I know, I worked in government at one point in my life). You are simply a dissatisfied consumer. 

Remember that cruises today are mass market experiences, and the cruise line has no responsibility to meet every person's needs or wishes, nor do they try.  Sometimes negative publicity pushes an event toward a more positive outcome, but also having worked in the travel industry at a very early point in my life, kindness and friendly relationships are a better choice in the long run. The bottom line is no one is making you spend money on a RC cruise, so if you are not happy, spend it elsewhere.  Please continue to participate in forums and share your cruise experiences, because that educates others, and hopefully, will create future improvements. Best wishes.