Eligible Pinnacle Guests May Soon Be Permitted to Bring One Guest into the Suites Lounge/Coastal Kitchen

Hot off the press

Dear Valued Pinnacle Club Members,

We are thrilled to share exciting news regarding an enhancement to your Suite amenities access. Effective on sailings beginning March 15, 2024, and onwards, each Pinnacle Club member may now bring one guest staying in their immediate stateroom to accompany them into the Suite/Concierge Lounge, Suite Sun Decks, and Coastal Kitchen!

As we implement this new policy, below are additional details to note:

• Non-Pinnacle Club guests must be always accompanied by a Pinnacle Club member, unless staying in an eligible Suite stateroom - this includes guests under 21 years of age which must always be accompanied by an adult1
  • Beverages consumed in these venues will be charged to guests' SeaPass cards - Diamond and above members may redeem their daily drink vouchers
  • On sailings where the number of eligible Suite & Pinnacle Club guests exceeds the Suite venue capacity, access for Pinnacle Club members will be determined by cruise points and extended to one of their stateroom occupants. Those eligible will receive access notifications 48 hours before the sailing and a reminder on boarding day in the Welcome Letter
  • Access to Coastal Kitchen is based on space and availability. Reservations are required and can only be made once onboard
  • Crown Lounge access is not impacted by this announcement and remains exclusive to Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club members, unless communicated otherwise2

We are committed to ensuring your cruise experience is exceptional, and we believe these updates contribute to that goal. Thank you for your unwavering loyalty - we look forward to welcoming you onboard as we continue creating unforgettable memories together.

Crown & Anchor® Society

The most important part of this announcement, to me, is that they are pledging to now inform Pinnacle members, 48 hours prior to embarkation, if they are going to be restricted from the SL/CK.  This has been a point of stress for us as we never know if Pinns are going to be restricted or not, until we board.  We have yet to be restricted from the SL/CK but there's certainly every chance that can and will happen at some point.  Hopefully, if we're going to be restricted, going forward, at least we will know about it before we board !

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The most important part of this announcement, to me, is that they are pledging to now inform Pinnacle members, 48 hours prior to embarkation, if they are going to be restricted from the SL/CK.  This has been a point of stress for us as we never know if Pinns are going to be restricted or not, until we board.  We have yet to be restricted from the SL/CK but there's certainly every chance that can and will happen at some point.  Hopefully, if we're going to be restricted, going forward, at least we will know about it before we board !

Agreed.  They know the numbers, don’t make it a guessing game.  It’s not like Pinnacle will cancel at T-2 just because SL is restricted.  

3 minutes ago, F1guynz said:

I do not understand what this means, in the same cabin?

If they have family or kids in a connecting cabin then nope.  If in the same cabin number specifically, yes.  

Eliminates potential of pinnacle grandma booking six cabins for grandchildren and expecting all have SL access.  

The suite lounge on our Quan tum sailing was well below capacity, maybe 20 guests.

It does not seem as popular as in the Caribbean as it was like this last year as well, I was allowed to bring my parents in even though they were not in a suite.

38 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I agree.  It’s very oddly worded.

Especially as @Matt said in his article

"Adding the new benefit means Pinnacles can bring friends they know on the ship with them to enjoy the reserved space.  Prior to this change, the benefit was only applicable to the Pinnacle Club guests."

Which would not be correct, if they have to be in the same cabin.

I understand it to mean if a non-Pinnacle is in a cabin…the same cabin…with a Pinnacle, then the non-P can be included. Provided the Pinn has enough points on any particular cruise to be included on their own.

But just one. Not the whole family in the same cabin. Not family in another cabin…even if it’s connecting. Not friends onboard…unless one of the friends, just one, is in the same cabin as the Pinn.

If two Pinns are in the same cabin, they can not invite one non-Pinn each…unless those non-Pinns are in the same cabin. Meaning four people in one cabin and two of them are Pinns.

I'm guessing they’ll be some new considerations made pre-booking by Pinns looking to spread themselves out to accommodate others. Such as two Pinns booking into different cabins so that their listed cabin-mates could have access. But, that wouldn’t be a guarantee as their numbers may not be high enough to allow access on that particular cruise.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding it…but the coffee hasn’t kicked in yet.

They have to be careful with verbiage because there are so many scenarios and there will always be someone with a situation that falls into a gray area beyond the words of the policy.  At the same time you want the policy to be easily understood and easy for crew to apply.  It becomes a compromise between a lengthy and wordy policy versus simplicity to implement.  

• ...each Pinnacle Club member may now bring one guest staying in their immediate stateroom to accompany them into the Suite/Concierge Lounge, Suite Sun Decks, and Coastal Kitchen!

To me it's pretty evident how this would work.  If I share a cabin with my non-Pinnacle son for example, as I did last year on a cruise, then I could bring him with me into the SL/CK assuming I myself have access on a cruise.

If my son had his own cabin, then no, I couldn't bring him with me into the SL/CK assuming I myself have access on a cruise.

When I visit the SL or CK I typically consume one seat but at a table for two people.  Rarely will another solo guest attempt to sit with me.  

Consequently this new policy doesn't really impact the SL/CK capacity for me as a solo Pinnacle.  

Ma and Pa Pinnacle who book their own cabins and have one non-Pinnacle guest in their respective cabins is a possibility but probably not a frequent scenario.  I'm not saying it will never occur, I'm saying it's not that often.

In reality I think they ran the numbers and it didn't amount to a significant impact in the modeling outcomes.

It does clarify what will occur for Pinnacle parents with a dependent child.  In theory Pinnacle is not conveyed to dependent children so could Pinnacle parents bring a child from their cabin into the SL/CK?  By policy no, until now.  

4 hours ago, BrianB said:

cabin-mates could have access

They still have to purchase their own drinks (or use a voucher) so there is not a significant benefit for the non-pinnacle apart from being able to sit in a lounge that is more exclusive. To me, this seems more onerous on the wait staff who in theory now need to check whether the guest is eligible for a "free" drink. I feel that in practice, the non-pinnacle will also get free drinks.