Voyager of The Seas Concern

Hello,

Want to go on the Greek Isles cruise next year but the only ship going to the ports I want is the Voyager of the Seas.  I keep seeing scary video of several recent trips where there was lots of damage and water coming in.  Is this ship safe?  Also with the water coming in do they change out the carpet or will it now be moldy and smell?  Concerned about my choice now, would love to hear from others if this ship is okay to sail on?

I may have missed something, but the videos I saw were of Serenade on its world cruise during some weather in the South Atlantic. Water from a storm penetrated through doors on the upper decks and soaked some carpets.

I am not aware of anything like that on Voyager.

You really don't have anything to worry about, however, because the deck crews on all ships are professional and efficient. If/when there is water damage, they mitigate it quickly, and that fresh clean Royal Caribbean smell is always present. Videos that make the internet are rare, but become viral easily because of the sensationalism. I have not been on Voyager yet, but I have been on two of her sister ships, and can attest that the experience will be wonderful, and yes, the ship is very safe, as are all RC ships. 

Matt has a tour of Voyager on YouTube at this link in case you want to envision being on board.

38 minutes ago, cruise2024 said:

lots of damage and water coming in

Is the article below regarding some flood damage in January 2024 the damage you are referring to?

https://www.cruisehive.com/flooded-cabins-impact-guests-on-following-royal-caribbean-sailing/122565#

if so, I would not be concerned. They can/will replace any damaged carpet and there will certainly be no concern for your cruise next year. You will never know that it happened.

We are scheduled to go on Voyager next year to Croatia and we have no concerns whatsoever. 

We have been on Voyager many times, you will find it a great ship, perfect for the itinerary you are doing with plenty to keep you busy. 

‘Enjoy planning your cruise, and do not concern yourself with this news, you have made the right choice.

2 hours ago, cruise2024 said:

Hello,

Want to go on the Greek Isles cruise next year but the only ship going to the ports I want is the Voyager of the Seas.  I keep seeing scary video of several recent trips where there was lots of damage and water coming in.  Is this ship safe?  Also with the water coming in do they change out the carpet or will it now be moldy and smell?  Concerned about my choice now, would love to hear from others if this ship is okay to sail on?

I'm on Voyager later this year so follow a few Facebook groups. All of the recent cruisers have reported zero issues and said they would have had no idea the incident even occurred. They replaced carpets in all of the impacted cabins. I wouldn't be concerned. 

It's a beautiful ship. I was on the sailing after the storm that flooded it in January. It really wasn't a huge deal, the mitigated what they could before we even left the port, and continued to work on it. Totally safe. It was just a freak storm that rained too much too quickly and the balconies don't drain well enough. The rough water caused the pooling water ion the balconies to slosh up onto the sliding glass doors which evidently weren't sealed well.  They changed out the carpets or used wet vacs and fans - and we never smelled anything. And keep in mind, the Carnival Dream was caught in the same storm and had much worse flooding than Voyager did from what I have seen.