Singe cruiser Diamond Plus booking

APM

Is there a way to apply the Diamond plus 150% single cruiser discount while booking an online reservation? Or is a phone call required?

i have attempted to ghost book the reservation and it always applies the full double occupancy room rates.

This has been a new issue for me. Even onboard while booking at Next Cruise, they can not apply the single cruiser supplement discount. They found it very frustrating because they were unable to quote the discounted price.

They contacted shoreside and were advised that the discount can now only be manually applied by them…after the booking has been completed and submitted.

Eventually, I did get the new cruise confirmations emailed to me…two weeks later…with the discounted price.

***I tried adding the code DP340 into the promo code box, but it keeps saying ‘Invalid code’….am I doing something wrong?

1 hour ago, BrianB said:

This has been a new issue for me. Even onboard while booking at Next Cruise, they can not apply the single cruiser supplement discount. They found it very frustrating because they were unable to quote the discounted price.

They contacted shoreside and were advised that the discount can now only be manually applied by them…after the booking has been completed and submitted.

Eventually, I did get the new cruise confirmations emailed to me…two weeks later…with the discounted price.

***I tried adding the code DP340 into the promo code box, but it keeps saying ‘Invalid code’….am I doing something wrong?

This is very disappointing.  How in the world are you supposed to know what the fare/cost will be BEFORE you make a booking ?  Completely unsat.

Today I tried checking some of the prices for my bookings made over a year ago.

Usually the price automatically includes the solo supplement so I can compare them easily with today’s prices.

Now…for me, even those booked so long ago no longer have that option.

The only difference is for those bookings, it will allow me to apply the DP340 promo code…but…it will not show the discounted price. It accepts the code but says ‘discount will be applied at check out’.

I went through the booking process adding all of the info and preferences (dining time, insurance…etc) and got to the payment page. It still would not reflect the solo price.

I even tried placing a Courtesy Hold on the reservation and still…no discounted price.

Why hide it? It won’t stop me from comparing pricing. All I have to do is keep a list of the new prices and when I see a drop, I’ll call for a reprice. If it’s less, my discounted price should be less. Hopefully. I guess I’ll find out eventually.

The really frustrating part would be…if the non-discounted reprice results in a huge jump, and then having to wait for someone, somewhere down the line to eventually apply the solo discount manually. And hope that it doesn’t fall through one of the many cracks in the system.

I wonder if Travel Agents are having the same difficulty. If so…that would really take up lots of time and effort.

Oh well…I hope this is not the new ‘norm’ and they can get back to the old, consumer-friendly, transparent and easily navigable system.🤞