Dining package pre restaurant booking start?

10 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

I think the last I heard from Matt was "by mid 2024," so there's no confirmed date it will start. It is not in effect yet.

Ok good in a way. I'm not booking till early next month so there is really no rush. Thanks for the info. 

On 1/10/2024 at 7:50 AM, RCIfan1912 said:

Ok good in a way. I'm not booking till early next month so there is really no rush. Thanks for the info. 

It is open now to book but times are limited and as you get closer to your sail date times will slip away.

Always book as early as you can for everything, dining, drinks or excursions.

23 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

It is open now to book but times are limited and as you get closer to your sail date times will slip away.

Always book as early as you can for everything, dining, drinks or excursions.

Thanks I didn't know. I'll book it now not to loose times we want. 

Huh so I booked it but don't see anywhere to pre book restaurants and what's odd is all the specially restaurants say nothing is available at all. This is through the app. Too close to cruise date February 25? Maybe it takes more time for the package to load into the system? Order was about 30 minutes ago or so. 

Hmmm... that is odd as in my planner for my Dec 2024 sailing when you go to the 3 day dining the 1st and 2nd day shows up and there are times available to select.

Same with UDP.

Make a reservation

Guests

Add guest

Select up to 8 guests

Your reservation

Day
Day 1 - Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Time

5:30 pm
6:00 pm
8:30 pm

10 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

You can't book with the dining package yet. They will charge you for individual reservations when you book if you do anything in the cruise planner. You need to wait and book onboard. 

Thank you, that's the answer I was looking for. Perfect, we'll do it almost first thing when we board Anthem. We kinda like doing it that way because we always board early and we know to book quickly or lose out. Thank you again 

5 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Hmmm... that is odd as in my planner for my Dec 2024 sailing when you go to the 3 day dining the 1st and 2nd day shows up and there are times available to select.

Same with UDP.

Make a reservation

Guests

Add guest

Select up to 8 guests

Your reservation

Day
Day 1 - Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Time

5:30 pm
6:00 pm
8:30 pm

What ship and sailing? I thought they were testing it out on a ship or two? 

49 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Same with UDP.

Oh wait....I think maybe this is for making the initial "reservation" which isn't really a reservation at all.... maybe ?

25 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Oh wait....I think maybe this is for making the initial "reservation" which isn't really a reservation at all.... maybe ?

I think you're right. And since @Jolly Ogre's cruise is still a long way away, it's still showing a range of times on both days. I can see the same thing on my cruise on Anthem in September whereas my upcoming Symphony cruise in a month's time only offers day one at 8.30 or 9 pm.

27 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes..that's what it is. It's just the placeholder reservation for night 1 or 2 when you book a package. It's their method of inventory control for selling the packages.

They do sometimes actually book you for something there..I've had them tell me my courtesy reservation was at X restaurant at the time I had chosen.