How to track a cruise ship

I love Cruise Mapper. The more I use it, the more I discover is available on the site. It helped me track Icon across the Atlantic, showed me what's in port in Nassau the same day I'll be there, gave me different itineraries at the touch of a button for various cruise lines, and so much more. Love it.

I love it when I'm on board a ship and people see another ship and wonder what it is.  I check cruise mapper and then look carefully at the ship in the distance.

I say something like "Hmm. Dark blue hull. Two blue funnels. Those could be "X" on the funnel. It's gotta be Celebrity Millenium." People leave so amazed!

I used Cruise Mapper quite a bit on the cruise we just got off of to check out who was around us and who would be in each poet with us. Vessel Finder is another that you can used to track any type of ship that you might come across as well.

I love Cruise Mapper but also use the Marine Traffic app when you need more details that CM doesn’t provide, like other types of nearby vessels, their current speed, heading, wind speed, temp, etc. I paid like $3.99 for it years ago when I lived by the port of San Diego and it was so worth it!

Did you know Dole has four different cargo ships continuously bringing fruit from Ecuador to SD twice a week, year-round? Thanks, Marine Traffic! 😆

On 1/5/2024 at 7:52 PM, DDaley said:

I love Cruise Mapper but also use the Marine Traffic app when you need more details that CM doesn’t provide, like other types of nearby vessels, their current speed, heading, wind speed, temp, etc. I paid like $3.99 for it years ago when I lived by the port of San Diego and it was so worth it!

Did you know Dole has four different cargo ships continuously bringing fruit from Ecuador to SD twice a week, year-round? Thanks, Marine Traffic! 😆

I also use Marine Traffic, funny you mention the Dole ships- I work in a port on the East coast and we get 4 Del Monte ships on a rotation from Costa Rica and Guatemala, supplying the whole east coast and Canada with Bananas and Pineapples....Which is why I am at work right now at 5am on a Sunday morning...lol