Icon of the seas walk around video.

Meridian

Hi All,  I saw this video online of Icon that has been posted.  Seems to show a bunch of different areas and some of the new food offerings and random other things.  

Thought you might want to see it as well as seems to have areas like the empire supper club etc that I hadn't seen in other videos.   

The ship looks beautiful,  look forward to getting on board. 

On 12/30/2023 at 3:07 AM, LandstromCruise said:

Wonder if they will track down the people releasing these and if there will be consequences. Chris Wong put out a video saying he hasn’t posted pictures and videos of inside because the staff was all told they could not post anything until after the Jan 27th sailing. 

Well probably wouldn't be that hard,  but I suspect they are fine with a few things here and there that continue to build conversation as long as it's not to much..

Also there are a bunch of others.  A formal vlog type thing they probably don't want. 

Few extra videos in the playlist - couple of shorts and a look at Izumi etc 

On 12/29/2023 at 8:13 AM, Ditchdoc said:

Some interesting shots.

Some of the sight lines seem to be a jumble brightly painted metal.

This is something I'm curious about. Royal has always nailed ship design. Oasis Class is just perfect. But from the second I saw Icon it just seemed visually busy and loud. Now that we can see around the ship, the views of the ocean seem incredible. There seem to be so many areas within the Promenade and Aqua Dome area that provide big beautiful sea views, which I know was a major focus. But it seems like that means they've had to put all the infrastructure, walkways, stands, etc., on the interior of the ship, which makes the Aqua Dome area look busy and closed off. 

Similarly, the pool deck just seems like a big mess of partial levels and stairways and dozens of separated seating areas. The crazy array of pastel colors of the slats you mentioned doesn't help. Combine that with the slides and the whole thing just looks like a jumbled mess.

Again, I trust Royal and I think it'll be beautiful when onboard, but from afar there definitely doesn't seem to be the elegance of prior classes. 

6 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The part of the CK that looks interesting to me is where you can actually see inside the Aqua Dome from the CK.  Maybe it’s not that big a deal but it looks cool to me.

I noticed that aspect too which makes it seem unique and should provide even just good people watching and stuff even if no show going on