Vision of the Seas Man Overboard

I was reading a post on Reddit from a 17 year old who saw it happen.  Sounds like the passenger had some sort of psychotic break.  The crew members were trying to calm/control him but were unsuccessful as he was bigger and overpowered them before jumping over the railing.  Sad situation to say the least.  I don't know if links to reddit are allowed on here but if they are I can post it.

6 minutes ago, ScottD said:

So reports on another site from this cruise... this person jumped.  The post was from an eyewitness who was in line for dinner, and a yelling, shirtless\shoeless man came running down the hall, out the doors to the outer deck and jumped right off the edge. 

Can I please have the source so I can read the posts there to learn more about this incident?

I see, so if memory serves me right this is probably located in the Windjammer buffet because the only other place to eat a meal on Vision of the Seas on that deck is Park Place in the Solarium and it's not so much a meal as snacks most of the day and that's usually when the Windjammer is closed. Most unfortunate if this source is correct.

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I do hope that everyone who had to witness this incident is able to find mental peace. I cannot imagine the trauma from seeing someone take their life in front of me, especially if I was trying to stop them....

Watched it yesterday. I work at a port, under a bridge... we get a few jumpers a year, luckily we usually don't see the actual jump, but yesterday happened to be looking at the river when it happened. Wasn't 100% sure it was what I thought it was ...until the coast guard and police boats were out there within minutes... it's definitely a bit of a shock once you realize what just happened. 

On 1/22/2024 at 8:48 AM, ScottD said:

Watched it yesterday. I work at a port, under a bridge... we get a few jumpers a year, luckily we usually don't see the actual jump, but yesterday happened to be looking at the river when it happened. Wasn't 100% sure it was what I thought it was ...until the coast guard and police boats were out there within minutes... it's definitely a bit of a shock once you realize what just happened. 

I can't even imagine...

I once THOUGHT I was going to see someone jump in front a train and just the idea of it has burned itself into my memory....I cannot imagine actually seeing someone take their own life like that...