Allure of the Seas - Detail Information

I am a planner. The cruise for us is not a yearly thing. It's probably a once in a lifetime thing. I would think they'd offer as much information as possible to plan your trip. Are there theme nights? Formal nights? When is the ice skating rink open? Does it cost extra? Is there actually one on the ship? Their website only skims the surface of every subject. It's all wild music and flashes of activity. So in general, I'd like to know if anyone knows how to get a LOT of real information ahead of time? I don't want to get onboard half lost and spend my first day learning everything I need to know to plan my next 6 days. Thank you!

There will be 2 formal nights.

Ice rink is on deck 3.

They don't let you know about theme nights until you're onboard.  There's usually a 70's dance party, some people like to dress up for it.  Bob_KY is right, try to find an Allure cruise compass (the calendar of events for each day, which they leave in your room the night before) here on the site, that might give you an idea of what's possible for your trip.

Here is an article written for first time cruisers on Oasis and Allure, hopefully this helps. If not go back to the main blog page and type Allure in the search box and it will bring up a large number of articles, also go to Google and type in Allure, ton more information plus some very good You Tube videos that will give you a overall good impression of the ship.

I'm a planner also, but don't let yourself become overwhelmed, I had stopped cruising for 10 years and then the first one I went on in 2012 was Allure, she is a beautiful ship with tons of things to do, but again don't get overwhelmed, cursing is about doing as much or as little that you want to do, some of my best/worst cruises were when I tried to do to much and when I got home I was exhausted instead of being rested.

Make a plan of attack and use the first day to completely familiarize yourself with the ship, try and see and do as much as possible that first day, then relax and enjoy the rest of the cruise.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/08/12/what-first-time-cruisers-need-know-about-oasis-and-allure-of-the-seas

7 hours ago, Tiki Cruiser said:

I am a planner. The cruise for us is not a yearly thing. It's probably a once in a lifetime thing. I would think they'd offer as much information as possible to plan your trip. Are there theme nights? Formal nights? When is the ice skating rink open? Does it cost extra? Is there actually one on the ship? Their website only skims the surface of every subject. It's all wild music and flashes of activity. So in general, I'd like to know if anyone knows how to get a LOT of real information ahead of time? I don't want to get onboard half lost and spend my first day learning everything I need to know to plan my next 6 days. Thank you!

Good advise from Tiny260 above. Definitely book the shows you want to see well before getting on board the ship, any excursions you may want to take and your dinner time. The ice skating rink is free but you will need to wear socks and pants. Enjoy!:27_sunglasses:

7 hours ago, RestingBirds said:

There will be 2 formal nights.

Ice rink is on deck 3.

They don't let you know about theme nights until you're onboard.  There's usually a 70's dance party, some people like to dress up for it.  Bob_KY is right, try to find an Allure cruise compass (the calendar of events for each day, which they leave in your room the night before) here on the site, that might give you an idea of what's possible for your trip.

Thank you RestingBirds. Question - How do people have the proper attire for the theme if they don't tell you what it is before you pack? Are they just trying to sell things onboard? Also, if there are 2 formal nights, do you have any idea why they wouldn't just let people know that again, before they pack? Are they just trying to sell formal wear on the ship? So there really IS an ice rink! yay! Is it actually open for skating? Or is it there for their own shows? On one thread, someone said - You can skate, but you have to wear pants. - LOL Do you have any idea what that is supposed to mean? I literally never wear pants. When I ice skate, I wear tights and a skate skirt. Was he joking? I still can't understand why Royal Caribbean wants everything to be a surprise when  you get onboard. It's not that I want to plan every minute solid with activities as one blogger above thought I was saying. I want to know everything there is to do and see and be able to prioritize as well as be prepared for clothing wise or otherwise. Is my view of all this really that crazy? I know I've asked a LOT of questions. I appreciate any answers you are willing to spend your valuable time answering! Thank you!! Tiki Cruiser.

Tiki,

Ok, men wear pants and I'm sure tights and a skate skirt will be fine. Yes, there is are a couple of skating shows, but, ice skating is allowed. Check the cruise compass Matt uploaded. There should be some info there.

While there is some clothing onboard, it's not really clothing one would wear to a theme night or formal night. In the cruise documents, they do detail that there are formal, smart casual, and casual nights in the dining room, but largely these are ignored on most ships provided one is wearing long pants and a collared shirt.

The general thinking here is that Royal doesn't want to advertise theme parties on the off chance that they don't happen on a particular ship. That way, no one is disappointed. In addition, anyone can partake whether dressed in the themed attire or not.