Contacting RCI via their website

So if you dig deep enough into the RC site, you can find a link to contact them with a question.  First they want your name, email address, cruise, reservation number, who you booked through, etc.  They say they'll reply soon.  I once contacted them this way (maybe a year or two ago) and never got a reply.  Tried it again a couple days ago, and will keep watching for a reply.  Have any of you ever had success reaching someone / getting an answer this way?  If I don't hear from them I'll resort to calling and hoping for someone who can help.

39 minutes ago, Xaa said:

You have an equal chance for an answer as putting your question on a piece of paper in a bottle and throwing it out the window of a moving car

That bottle might land in the front seat of Michael Bayley's car, so that scenario has a better chance of eliciting a response.

We've had good results utilizing the RC Crown & Anchor line (800-526-9723) which generally has significantly shorter wait times (vs. general CS line) and can assist in all matters.

Also, the Royal Caribbean Facebook page has a messaging feature (instant messaging). I've had 5 minute waits and some up to 2-3 hours, but someone will always get back to you relatively quickly via FB.

28 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Also, the Royal Caribbean Facebook page has a messaging feature. I've had 5 minute waits and some up to 2-3 hours, but someone will always get back to you relatively quickly via FB.

I got a response once after filling out that form, but it took a few weeks if I remember correctly. You can also Tweet at them and they get back to you pretty quickly. They might not be able to resolve your issue or answer your question, however. 

1 hour ago, Jamie SC said:

I sent in a question about a dining reservation about a week ago and just got a response yesterday. So if it's not urgent I think the contact form would be worth a try.

Dinning correspondence tend to be the exception. I think they get a reply because the customer service people actually know the answers. My guess is most general questions don't get a reply because the folks reading the questions are not really trained in much of anything. In the old days the reps lived in the same country as the provider and were given (and encouraged to take) FAM (familiarization) Trips at deeply discounted rates. The customer service people actually understood the questions because they "got" the product. Most today only have cruise knowledge based on "stock" answers they are given. And the experience and expectations etc of a cruise (or any vacation) is a foreign concept to them. So the questions (IMHO) don't really make sense to them. 

Thanks for the comments.  Well, I did get an email response within two days (which actually surprised me) from a Customer Support person.  However, the reply doesn't make sense based on prior written communication received from Royal.  Based on what today's message says, I would say the Customer Support person is not aware of the situation, but should be, or should have looked into it further before replying.  Overall, the reply was NOT helpful at all.  I'll try calling and hope I can get the necessary info that way.  Yes, for such a large company that aims to offer an excellent experience for guests, I would say the "contact us" link in their site is not helpful (at least in my two experiences).

15 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

I got a response once after filling out that form, but it took a few weeks if I remember correctly. You can also Tweet at them and they get back to you pretty quickly. They might not be able to resolve your issue or answer your question, however. 

I'm sorry, I meant the instant messenger feature via Facebook. You chat with them live, not by e-mail.

There just may be a wait until someone gets to your IM. One time they were available in about a minute or so... during peak times (Covid, IT issues, etc.) you may have to wait a couple of hours for someone to get to your IM.

image.thumb.png.0ffa2bac40907a578d2a42f725dfcd66.png

So I called the toll free number listed on the RC notice I received in early November and someone in "Redeployment" answered quickly.  She seemed more informed than the Customer Support person who previously answered via email.  Still no answer to my question, but she suggested I call back in a week if I don't hear anything else from RC sooner.  In the future, I will call vs. email.