Transportation from Orlando to port

Sweety

46 minutes ago, DoomSlayer said:

Piggy backing on the question, but for just two people, would Uber be a good choice?  That is my plan in January.  This will be my first time out of Port Canaveral.

I would say maybe. I found the cost to be about $70+ going from MCO to PC or PC/Cocoa beach hotels; I usually stay at the Hamton Inn. The shuttle could be $30/35pp and then you might have to wait. 

6 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I would say maybe. I found the cost to be about $70+ going from MCO to PC or PC/Cocoa beach hotels; I usually stay at the Hamton Inn. The shuttle could be $30/35pp and then you might have to wait. 

Great info and thanks!  That is our plan, flying in the day before and staying in hotel near the port.  Looks like Uber is a good choice and is competitive to the shuttle pricing for 2 people based on what you said -- and without a wait.

Compare prices with Enterprise and Avis as I have found Avis to be cheaper when returning vehicle to a different location. Both have rental return locations near the port and both offer a shuttle from return rental office near port to the ship. However when returning the vehicle, we usually take a lyft/Uber rather than wait for a shuttle. Faster sometimes AND we always have way more suitcases than we should 🙂 

We are sailing on Allure Jan 8th of '24, flying in to MCO from Iowa on that Saturday before embarkation, renting a car from Avis, and have also rented a beach front Airbnb in Cocoa beach for an extra day of fun and (hopefully) sun. And although we are Enterprise Plus members, I saved over $100 for the same class vehicle using Hertz. 

Edited by Vincent
Avis, NOT Hertz. We use Hertz for LA sailings, but Avis for Port Canaveral

5 minutes ago, Vincent said:

We are sailing on Allure Jan 8th of '24, flying in to MCO from Iowa on that Saturday before embarkation, renting a car from Hertz, and have also rented a beach front Airbnb in Cocoa beach for an extra day of fun and (hopefully) sun. And although we are Enterprise Plus members, I saved over $100 for the same class vehicle using Hertz. 

We can give each other High-Five's in the terminal.  I will be getting off of Allure on the 8th!

39 minutes ago, DoomSlayer said:

We can give each other High-Five's in the terminal.  I will be getting off of Allure on the 8th!

😂 Tried to find a big enough suite for the 4 of us on your sailing dates, but waited to long. 2 weeks later, a 2 bedroom Aqua Theater suite opened up. Our college Kids' are still home that week so it was meant to be. This will be our first Oasis & Star class.

Had the same suit/class scheduled for this past summer out of Civitavecchia aboard Symphony, but life happened and we had to cancel. Felt worse than terrible as I had made our kids watch countless hours of YouTube video's and built up the ship and Genie services. May not be as long of a trip as we'd like, or Symphony with amplification or the Mediterranean, but literally brings me to tears knowing how blessed we are.

Kids are home now for Thanksgiving, and we watched a few hours of video's on Allure (over an hour was just @Matt YouTube full ship tour of Allure Saturday night...Loved it!)

2 minutes ago, Vincent said:

😂 Tried to find a big enough suite for the 4 of us on your sailing dates, but waited to long. 2 weeks later, a 2 bedroom Aqua Theater suite opened up. Our college Kids' are still home that week so it was meant to be. This will be our first Oasis & Star class.

I may have taken the room you wanted, same thing, needed a big 2 bedroom suite because we are taking my daughter, her husband, and the granddaughter along.  We got the 2 bedroom grand suite with private hot tub on our balcony.  Allure is a beautiful ship; we were on her last May when she was sailing out of Galveston.  My wife and I really enjoyed Mama Mia.  Enjoy the Allure, she is one of the earlier Oasis class ships, but she is still beautiful!