First Back to Back Questions

Hi all, 

I am going to do a back to back on Explore of the Seas this summer. It is my first back to back and I am very excited. I will be cruising solo. I have a couple of questions. First question is I will hit diamond on the first leg can I get the benefits of Diamond on the second leg? Second question do you think it is worth the money to stay in the same room for bot$400 more total to have the same room for both legs? Thanks!

23 minutes ago, Kelseylovestocruise said:

First question is I will hit diamond on the first leg can I get the benefits of Diamond on the second leg?

Yes. Go see the Loyalty Ambassador during the first leg. They should be able to get your status updated for the 2nd.

23 minutes ago, Kelseylovestocruise said:

Second question do you think it is worth the money to stay in the same room for bot$400 more total to have the same room for both legs?

Personal preference. I’ve only done one B2B & I switched cabins. It went very smoothly & while I’d prefer to stay in the same cabin I’d rather have the $400.

Welcome to the boards!

Yes, you can receive the benefits of Diamond on the second leg. Talk to the Loyalty Ambassador early on during the first cruise and explain and they will get you all fixed up.

As for the same room, that depends on how much you "nest" on your cruise. While it is simple to kind of pack back up and have your Room Steward move your suitcases, it is still a bit of an interruption. However, for me, $400 would be worth the time 🙂

I cruise solo and do mostly back to backs.

I love having the same cabin. When I get into my cabin on day one…I sanitize it with anti-bacterial wipes. I use Hydrogen Peroxide based wipes because they kill Norovirus along with all the other nasty viruses, including Covid.

After putting my stuff away as I want it…then I’m done! No need to pack everything up the night before turnaround day. Granted, it’s not so bad when I can leave the clothes hanging in the closet because my attendant will use a rolling garment rack to transfer them to the closet in the new cabin…but it’s still annoying having to move.

Then, of course, I’ll have to sanitize the new cabin.

But, the best part is I can go right back to my cabin after I re-board the ship on turnaround day. I like to put my passport back in my safe and just have everything as it was. I always tell my cabin attendant that he/she can skip servicing my cabin on turnaround day. He will change the bed linen and give me extra towels the day before and I can make my own bed that day. They really appreciate having one less cabin to turn over.

For me…the $400 is worth it.

6 minutes ago, BrianB said:

For me…the $400 is worth it.

And this is why the short answer is personal preference.

We all put our own value on things like this. There's no right or wrong. It's not like knowing product XYZ normally costs $100 so $80 is a good deal and $120 is a bad deal.

Ive done plenty of b2b cruises in fact I just did a b2b on Wonder and it's the best. I love spending 14 nights on a cruise.

As others have stated go see the loyalty ambassador they will take care of you for that second cruise.

If you are changing rooms the great thing is your stateroom attendant will take care of transferring your luggage. Any clothes that are on hangars in the closet you can simply leave them there on the hangar and the attendant will transfer it over. However anything in the drawers, your toiletries you will need to repack into your suite case and they will transfer the suite case over to your next stateroom. 

Personally I would keep the $400 dollars and change rooms, because the only thing you have to pack up is whatever you place in the drawers, anything not on hangars and your toiletries. 

We have never been lucky enough to have the same room on our B2B cruises. It is not a problem and as stated the stateroom attendants have been super helpful. We love getting back onboard before everyone else and we actually go back to our old room and move our luggage to our new one and unpack. We do arrange this with the old and new stateroom attendants so they can clean our new room first to have it ready for us.

For the turning Diamond during the first leg, we had that exact thing happen. We went to the Loyalty Ambassador and she took care of everything. It was great to get the new perks on the second leg.

Thanks so much! With the black Friday sale it worked out to be only $22 more to keep the same room so I went with that! $400 was a bit much but $22 I can handle no problem. I am glad that I can get the Diamond benefits for the second cruise I will talk to the Loyalty ambassador once onboard. Another question I know you are allowed to bring one bottle of wine per adult in the cabin per sailing how does this work for the back to back? I will have the drink package for the first sailing but will not for the second one as I will have the diamond benefits but would like to bring aboard 2 bottles of wine (2 sailings one adult) and ideally save them for the second sailing. I am leaving from "Venice" for reference.