Notice of Group Payment

Jriddy

Hello everyone! I just had a question for anyone that has experience with group cruises. We have a family cruise scheduled for February and today we got an email showing that two families have not finished payment on their cruise which is due by Nov 13th. I know that if we do not have the minimum of 8 cabins that we do not get the group benefits but would they cancel the reservations of those that are paid off?  I tried calling royal caribbean but they are closed and I am kinda panicking so I came here to see if anyone else has had this issue before. 

With eight cabins there would be tour conductor (TC) credits available.  How those are spent is at the discretion of the organizer working with their travel agent or the groups department.  Typically they aren't dealt with or applied until well after final payment due date but that depends.   

If the group falls short of the eight cabin minimum then the TC credits are lost but the established cruise fares shouldn't change. 

If it moves past final payment due date the cabins that are not paid in full will eventually lose their deposits.  That only impacts the cabins that failed to make final payment.  Cabins that have paid in full should have no impact but group fares can have some different terms and conditions so it would be best to discuss this with your travel agent or the groups department.