2 Bedroom Hotel FLL

Melbae9

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a hotel (pre-cruise) in or near Fort Lauderdale that offers two bedroom suites. My budget is less than that of the Four Seasons 🫠

Anyone have any suggestions? We are a blended group looking for something other than a sofa bed for our solo traveler.

Cheers!

Mel

We will be trying out the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach resort in a few months time. That property came at the recommendation by @Jax. She stayed there last Christmas pre-cruise and it looked awesome. Upon doing my own looking, that property has one, two, and three bedroom suites. The price is not a steal, but it's less than the Four Seasons. I'm excited for my stay there!

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We will be trying out the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach resort in a few months time. That property came at the recommendation by @Jax. She stayed there last Christmas pre-cruise and it looked awesome. Upon doing my own looking, that property has one, two, and three bedroom suites. The price is not a steal, but it's less than the Four Seasons. I'm excited for my stay there!

Nice hotel if you can get it at a decent rate. We have stayed in the presidential suite over a weekend and this is a great room for a large family (2 levels w/ large bedroom and bathroom upstairs & 2 BR downstairs). The hotel is slightly aged compared to the other choices along the beach but has a nice pool deck with some great views of FLB. 

2 hours ago, Melbae9 said:

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a hotel (pre-cruise) in or near Fort Lauderdale that offers two bedroom suites. My budget is less than that of the Four Seasons 🫠

Anyone have any suggestions? We are a blended group looking for something other than a sofa bed for our solo traveler.

Cheers!

Mel

Depends on the time of year because during season the prices for mid range hotels are four seasons prices. If you are planning for March (spring break) then you should book asap before all the choice hotels are unavailable. 

1 hour ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Nice hotel if you can get it at a decent rate.

I would say our rate was "fair" for what we booked. We booked a 1 bedroom (I don't feel bad having the freeloaders out in the living room on the pull out sofa lol) ocean front suite.

The hotel is slightly aged

Did they renovate recently? Because the pics online and on their IG stories, the decor of the rooms look modern. Or is that just good lighting and editing?

If you are planning for March (spring break) then you should book asap before all the choice hotels are unavailable. 

Totally agree on this point! We are staying there before our Odyssey sailing from December 29-31 and the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach sold out a while ago for those dates.

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I would say our rate was "fair" for what we booked. We booked a 1 bedroom (I don't feel bad having the freeloaders out in the living room on the pull out sofa lol) ocean front suite.

Did they renovate recently? Because the pics online and on their IG stories, the decor of the rooms look modern. Or is that just good lighting and editing?

Totally agree on this point! We are staying there before our Odyssey sailing from December 29-31 and the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach sold out a while ago for those dates.

We stayed there in late April so it’s possible. It’s not “dated”, I should have been more clear. I am comparing to the new titans in town with new construction at four seasons and others that take away from the older legacy properties. The hotel is great, no issues other than the new norm service standards that are lower across the board (everywhere!!). Enjoy

4 hours ago, Melbae9 said:

We are a blended group looking for something other than a sofa bed for our solo traveler.

We loved the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach resort. We stayed in the newly renovated 1 bedroom ocean front last December for a week pre cruise.  From the website, not all suites are renovated so if this is important to you check with the hotel to be sure.  One nice option for us was having a twin bed rollaway brought in rather than the sofa bed option.  There was a small upcharge but it was worth it when compared to the uncomfortable sofa bed option.  

11 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Did they renovate recently? Because the pics online and on their IG stories, the decor of the rooms look modern.

The 1 bedroom oceanfront has been renovated. At the time we stayed not all suite categories had been renovated but you are fine. The website did a good job identifying the suites that have been renovated.  

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The price is not a steal, but it's less than the Four Seasons. I'm excited for my stay there!

I can’t wait to hear your reviews.  A part of us wish we were staying there again this December but we are excited about the new adventures in Galveston. 

1 hour ago, asquared17 said:

omg go to Lona!!! best shrimp tacos ever. at the westin two blocks down!

That drink look so yummy, but the deciding factor is, "Do they have fried ice cream?"

Every other La Bamba substitute that we have tried has fallen short. Going to be hard to turn down the OG. 😄

22 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I might look to see if this hotel is available. We're going on Celebrity over Thanksgiving and we have 5 people. Right now I have 2 rooms but would love a solid 2 or 3br option!

1 hour ago, Matt said:

The good news is they had availability.

The bad news is it was Coco Beach Club cabana expensive.

I booked it months in advance so that definitely helped with pricing. But no question it was still on the pricey side for our week leading up to our cruise last year. Definitely more than coco beach club overwater cabana expensive for the week. One added bonus is that we accumulated quite a few Hilton points for that stay and are using them for 2 nights stay in the Houston area this December.  

20 minutes ago, Shaun530 said:

We're looking at this exact hotel for next year. I'm reading online that an airport and cruise shuttle are both available for a surcharge--- any idea what the cost is for both of these?

I don't believe that hotel has any shuttle. But uber/taxis are cheap since everything is so close together. Just be wary of illegal taxis at FLL airport that will try to pick you up outside the designated taxi stand.

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I don't believe that hotel has any shuttle. But uber/taxis are cheap since everything is so close together. Just be wary of illegal taxis at FLL airport that will try to pick you up outside the designated taxi stand.

??????? That’s a new one I’ve never heard. The taxi union is pretty ironclad at FLL. I would recommend not using the taxis at all and taking Uber or Lyft. (Local for 47 years).