Main dining room table request

Biaggio

email rcldining@rccl.com  and give them your name, ship\sailing date and any request you have. Chances are you'll be seated with just whoever you're sailing with, anyway- but doesn't hurt to put the request in. Then when you board, go to the dining room and find your table and if it's NOT what you want, just ask the head waiter and they'll help you

Got a reply:

“Thank you for contacting the Royal Dining Department.  Your request has been forwarded to the ship for processing. Once your request is processed, your table assignment will be on your Seapass card. We look forward to welcoming you onboard!

Thank you and kindest regards,
Royal Caribbean Dining Administration”

3 minutes ago, Biaggio said:

Got a reply:

“Thank you for contacting the Royal Dining Department.  Your request has been forwarded to the ship for processing. Once your request is processed, your table assignment will be on your Seapass card. We look forward to welcoming you onboard!

Thank you and kindest regards,
Royal Caribbean Dining Administration”

There ya go! That was fast.  You may even get an email before hand with the table number. I got this before, but apparently that was pretty rare. In any case, you should be fine! Enjoy the trip

18 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

Check with the main dining room when you board the ship to ensure you have what you want.  If you wait for dinner time there will be lines and worse, they may not be able to accommodate you

I can agree with this. Last summer on the Harmony we sent the email requesting the table for two and got the same reply. When we got our room keys we noticed it said My time dining with no table number (we had early since original booking). They told us our email requesting the table dropped us from early dining so we were told we would have to wait in line every night at 6:30 for a table in the no reservation line. They were annoyed we had made the email request and said people need to stop doing it because it was causing conflicts- they said we shouldve requested when booking.  I was shocked. After complaining to a different head waiter the next day they were able to assign us the same table at 6:15 for the remaining days.   I think as the ships fill up- requesting will become very difficult.    

I had a not so good experience w/ my last email request for a table.  We were going on a cruise w/ a party of 8 w/ 4 rooms.  I wanted us at a table for 8 near the window.  When I said "near the window", this got prioritized.  We were seated at 2 tables for 4 next to the window.  The window view were beautiful, but we couldn't talk to each other and didn't even have the same wait staff.  We did go to the main dining room right at 11am after boarding, but the head waiter told us, because the cruise was full he couldn't move us to a table for 8.

6 hours ago, Xaa said:

Your Travel Agent will ask and do it for you.

That's what my TA did. We are a family of 4 and switched to traditional dining because MTD is not worth the hassle anymore. I then 2 days later emailed him about requesting a table just for us and he replied, already did that for ya. That's a good TA in my book. 

On 10/13/2023 at 2:10 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

That's what my TA did. We are a family of 4 and switched to traditional dining because MTD is not worth the hassle anymore. I then 2 days later emailed him about requesting a table just for us and he replied, already did that for ya. That's a good TA in my book. 

Agreed. Very similar experience here. I booked Allure fairly last minute (about a month out, leaving in 10 days). All that was showing available at the time was MTD.

The next day my TA e-mailed me to say we had been switched to traditional and he requested a 2-top. I only asked him for traditional but he knows our preferences.

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

Agreed. Very similar experience here. I booked Allure fairly last minute (about a month out, leaving in 10 days). All that was showing available at the time was MTD.

The next day my TA e-mailed me to say we had been switched to traditional and he requested a 2-top. I only asked him for traditional but he knows our preferences.

Yup, that's when I know I had a good one and booked 2 more with him. He's great, he explains anything I ask him in detail. He has given great advice too on things.