CAS discount or NRD discount on latest cruise booking

Eyeonhevn

In the past when I've booked a cruise, the invoice shows my crown and anchor discounts for balcony and such. However with this latest booking, my invoice shows discounts called "NRD". At the time of booking, I asked for my Crown and anchor discounts and the agent said i was given all the discounts.

Any insight? Are they called NRD now instead of CAS?

49 minutes ago, Eyeonhevn said:

In the past when I've booked a cruise, the invoice shows my crown and anchor discounts for balcony and such. However with this latest booking, my invoice shows discounts called "NRD". At the time of booking, I asked for my Crown and anchor discounts and the agent said i was given all the discounts.

Any insight? Are they called NRD now instead of CAS?

Did you book with Royal? Did you check the price online by doing your own “mock hooking” and then you can see what, if any, discounts apply.  Not all sailings/cabin categories have discounts.  Do a mock booking now and see what the price comes to-be sure your crown and anchor number is in the box as well as click on “apply promo code” and check off your state, if 55+, police/fire/military. 

54 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

Did you book with Royal? Did you check the price online by doing your own “mock hooking” and then you can see what, if any, discounts apply.  Not all sailings/cabin categories have discounts.  Do a mock booking now and see what the price comes to-be sure your crown and anchor number is in the box as well as click on “apply promo code” and check off your state, if 55+, police/fire/military. 

Yes, I booked directly through Royal. I have done a mock booking and even with my CA number and apply promo and such, there is no discount showing up except the NRD discounts. I guess its set to offer the "better" discount and it must be better than the CAS discounts, etc?

8 minutes ago, Eyeonhevn said:

I guess it’s set to offer the "better" discount and it must be better than the CAS discounts, etc?

Yes.  This is the correct answer.  I have always hated this about Royals online pricing.  It does a horrible job of showing you what discounts apply and whether any/which discounts are “overridden” by some other, better discount.  You are left to “assume” that your C&A or senior or State or military or First Responder if applicable, were considered but then, overridden. 

5 minutes ago, Eyeonhevn said:

I guess it’s set to offer the "better" discount and it must be better than the CAS discounts, etc?

Yup.  Most discounts won’t stack.  

I say “most discounts” because absolute statements on the internet always brings someone along who has experienced something to the contrary. 🙂

1 hour ago, teddy said:

Yup.  Most discounts won’t stack.  

I say “most discounts” because absolute statements on the internet always brings someone along who has experienced something to the contrary. 🙂

Wasn’t expecting the discounts to stack. Just couldn’t figure out why my usual discount with crown and anchor didn’t work.

8 minutes ago, Eyeonhevn said:

Wasn’t expecting the discounts to stack. Just couldn’t figure out why my usual discount with crown and anchor didn’t work.

Do the booking with and without your C&A number entered.  Same for the various 55+, police/fire/military.  You MAY see different type code discount which likely yield the same bottom line.  
I do all my mock bookings in different combos like this.  One time my C&A number INCREASED the price of the cruise by $25 so I told my TA to book without it and add it later. She did.