Actual layout of a certain ocean balcony stateroom on symphony of the Seas?

KimD

Where can I go to see the true layout of room 9678 on Symphony of the Sea sailing 2/24/24?  I would like to know if the bed is near the balcony or if the sofa is next to the balcony.  We are going to be sleeping two adults and two kids and I don't want to be have to walk over the pull out bed to get to the bathroom at night.

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Without going to the deck plans to be sure, I believe that all balcony cabin categories that accommodate more than 2 people all have the bed by the bathroom.  So if you have a room for 4 people, I don’t think you can get a room with the bed by the slider….I think !

That's what I am hoping for!!  It's interesting....when I go to icruise and click on the room from the deck layout, they have a popup with the "room details" and a picture that shows the room as you described. Then I click the tab that says "Room Layout" and it shows the layout completely opposite with the bed next to the balcony.  I just can't seem to find anything to verify how this is laid out.  My travel agent called Royal Caribbean to verify the layout and she said they told her look on YouTube.  

8 hours ago, KimD said:

That's what I am hoping for!!  It's interesting....when I go to icruise and click on the room from the deck layout, they have a popup with the "room details" and a picture that shows the room as you described. Then I click the tab that says "Room Layout" and it shows the layout completely opposite with the bed next to the balcony.  I just can't seem to find anything to verify how this is laid out.  My travel agent called Royal Caribbean to verify the layout and she said they told her look on YouTube.  

Those pics are just stock photos..not actual pics of the room.  The link @Lucky posted above is the best site, for Oasis, they actually have a breakdown of every room and the layout. I don't see that break down for Symphony, but you can at least look at some of the rooms in your category. 

8 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Balcony rooms for 4 people have the beds closer to the door on Oasis and I believe the same is true for Symphony of the Seas.  Balcony rooms for 2 people are typically in between the rooms for 4 and the rooms for 2 have the bed near the balcony.

That is what I am hoping for and makes sense!!

I think you're also going to learn that the sofa doesn't pull out like you might be thinking where the bed mechanism is inside of the seating area on the sofa and pulls out a distance.  The back of the couch essentially rotates downward so that when flat, it, along with the seating area make up the mattress area of the sofa bed.

Yours is going to have the bed by the bathroom and sofa by the balcony.

7 hours ago, Lucky said:

If you go to this website you can click on photos people have shared throughout the ship. While there isn't a photo of your exact stateroom, it appears that the bed is actually closest to the balcony when looking at your category.

Thank you for this!!!  It does look to show bed next to the balcony, unfortunately.  This just makes no sense because when the trundle bed is pulled out for the second kid, we will have to crawl over the bed/child to go to the bathroom.

2 hours ago, ScottD said:

you can at least look at some of the rooms in your category

And sometimes you'll find some interesting variations. When doing this to choose our interiors on Wonder, I learned that there are at least 3 different layouts... some of which don't even have a small couch, just a chair and a funky layout.

I don't care a ton about my cabin or else I wouldn't book interiors, but I like my little couch, so I used the info I had to make an educated guess as far as how to avoid the "chair" cabins.

I find cruisedeckplans.com to be a pretty helpful site.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

And sometimes you'll find some interesting variations. When doing this to choose our interiors on Wonder, I learned that there are at least 3 different layouts... some of which don't even have a small couch, just a chair and a funky layout.

I don't care a ton about my cabin or else I wouldn't book interiors, but I like my little couch, so I used the info I had to make an educated guess as far as how to avoid the "chair" cabins.

I find cruisedeckplans.com to be a pretty helpful site.

They've updated the site recently and now the Oasis room layout chart is gone, which is unfortunate- I liked directing people there when they had that question. But otherwise, I still really like that site. You can usually find a room comparable to the one you are booked in or are looking to book and see some videos.  The cabin tool thing is neat too, you can see what is directly above and below your room. 

15 minutes ago, ScottD said:

You can usually find a room comparable to the one you are booked in or are looking to book and see some videos.

That's the feature I use most (and how I learned about the several different Wonder layouts).

Just a few days ago, it led me to not being the total cheapskate that I am and pointing out to my wife that for a tiny bit more money, we may want to switch the interior GTY I had on hold for Allure next month to a Central Park view interior, which we did. By no means was I dying to have a window into Central Park but it was the cheapest assignable interior for some reason (regular and connecting interiors cost more). It was moreso to guard against all the connecting interiors that were still available (we'd rather avoid those) with the added benefits of locking in a slightly larger room in a location we like. Who knows, maybe I'll actually look out the window... if my wife actually decides she's able to go and we book it, that is.

3 hours ago, KimD said:

Thank you for this!!!  It does look to show bed next to the balcony, unfortunately.  This just makes no sense because when the trundle bed is pulled out for the second kid, we will have to crawl over the bed/child to go to the bathroom.

If you click on 9678 on that website, the popup shows a generic layout of the room.  If you click the info tab, you get this text: 

"Some balconies up to 80 square feet. Category 1C (was D1) and 2C (was D2) has larger balconies. Some cabins are laid out with the bed near the balcony, others have the sofa near the balcony. Triple and Quad cabins have the sofa near the balcony. Layout changes every other cabin. Handicap cabins may have small chair bed instead of sofa bed. If there is more than two booked in cabin the chair bed is not recommended for adults.
*Actual cabin size and layout may differ from size and diagram shown."

Since you have a room for 4 people, the description says your sofa is near the balcony.

No pictures of rooms near it on Cruisedeckplans for Symphony to be able to figure it out with alternating configuration.  However on Harmony you can see 9672 which has it by the balcony so it should go.

9672 bed by balcony

9674 bed by bath

9676 bed by balcony

9678 bed by bath

Harmony Deck 9

This is hoping that sister ships are the same which in the Symphony and Harmony case pretty they are.

On 9/21/2023 at 11:44 PM, Lucky said:

If you go to this website you can click on photos people have shared throughout the ship. While there isn't a photo of your exact stateroom, it appears that the bed is actually closest to the balcony when looking at your category.

On that website room 9272 is same category as 9678.  9272 has the bed away from balcony.