After reaching 340 points, Royal Caribbean says they first have to reprice my cruises to current day prices before applying the reduced single supplement.

CruiserGirl

Greetings fellow cruisers! 
Hope you're doing well. Before writing this, I did a search on 340 single supplement. While there are 7 pages of items, I didn't see any entries that matched my question. 

The net of my question:

for those solo cruisers who reached 340 points, did you have existing cruise reservations that were repriced after 340 points-- or did you wait to make all your new cruise reservations after you reached 340 points-- and therefore receiving the reduced single supplement when you made those new reservations ? 

I currently cruise solo, paying the full single solo supplement. Most of the cruises I have booked for 2024 were booked through Next Cruise. Each time I booked a cruise through Next Cruise, I told the representative that my expectation was that the single supplement for the cruises would be reduced after 340 points. At no time did any Next Cruise representative reply that each existing cruise  reservation would be repriced to current day prices first, then the reduced single supplement would be applied. 

During the 1 cruise in May on Adventure, the  1 cruise in June on Brilliance, the 2 cruises in August on Jewel, and the 2 cruises in September on Grandeur, I discussed the repricing topic with the Loyalty Ambassadors onboard, none of the six Loyalty Ambassadors mentioned anything about the repricing to current day pricing first before the single supplement is applied. 

On the cruise ending September 9,  I reached 344 C&A points. My expectation was that the 11 cruises I have booked for 2024 would be repriced to reduce the single supplement. While I was onboard on September 12, I emailed my travel agent and left her a voicemail message about this topic. ( my travel agent works for WTH). We had a call on Monday afternoon ( Sept 18) to discuss this, we agreed that my travel agent would call C&A and ask about repricing. On Tuesday afternoon ( Sept 19), my travel agent called back with this news " C&A shows you have 344 points, that's the good news. The bad news is-- before reducing the single supplement, they will reprice the existing cruises to current day rates and then apply the reduced single supplement. The likely result will not be a savings over the prices of 12 or more months ago." 

Before I call C&A to express my disappointment at their process, I wanted to survey the RCB community to see what experience the solo cruisers have had with the reduced solo supplement.

While this  may have been a rookie mistake on my part, I think following RC's repricing process would be more expensive than keeping most of my reservations as they are. 

Looking forward to your replies.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday and a blest week! 

I'm afraid that the information that you received is correct.  If you reprice an existing booking with a new discount applied, it would be repriced at the current rate.  Are you able to reprice your existing booking with the 340 points reduced supplement ?  Absolutely.  ...but it will be at the current rate.  Back in the "old days" this kind of repricing would most likely have resulted in an actual savings but with today's soaring rates, there is very little chance that repricing an existing booking will help you at all.  Should the NC reps have mentioned this technicality ?  Maybe...but what you were asking them at the time (could you reprice an existing booking to utilize the 340 perk) was absolutely allowed. They have no way of knowing whether a rate in the future would be higher, lower, the same, or offer you any kind of savings, so they choose to just stay out of that debate.

The best you can do is go on the computer and price each cruise using the DP340 code  odds are it doesn’t even apply-as this code is not available on all sailings.  Maybe you’ll find one sailing that the DP340 will give you a better rate.   They can’t go backwards and give you a dp340 rate from when you booked your cruise, it would only be at todays rates.

Thank you very much Pattycruise, appreciate your advice! ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Appreciate very much indeed the expertise in the RCB community!! 

Of the 11 cruises that I have booked for 2024, I've found 1 to reprice and one to move to 2025. For the  cruises that I won't reprice-- one of those cruises  now prices at 100% higher rate than the price for the reservation I made at the end of April-- Just 4 and a half months ago. Will also investigate repricing two of the cruises in 2025. 

Hope you all have a terrific Thursday and a blest week! Happy cruising! 

2 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

The best you can do is go on the computer and price each cruise using the DP340 code  odds are it doesn’t even apply-as this code is not available on all sailings.  Maybe you’ll find one sailing that the DP340 will give you a better rate.   They can’t go backwards and give you a dp340 rate from when you booked your cruise, it would only be at todays rates.

I have NEVER seen a sailing where the DP340 rate code did not get me a 150% rate based on the current 200% rate (ie price for 2 people in a cabin) on the day I ch r credited rates

19 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

I have NEVER seen a sailing where the DP340 rate code did not get me a 150% rate based on the current 200% rate (ie price for 2 people in a cabin) on the day I ch r credited rates

I see it all the time..sometimes it's only open on certain cabin categories as well. Sometimes it works on sailings that are supposed to be excluded, like holidays.