ATM onboard while in Europe

octaviocloss

Greetings fellow cruisers, our Explorer of the Seas sailing is coming soon (September 24th). Our trip starts tomorrow and i have a question regarding the ATM onboard. 

Considering we'll be salling from Europe (Ravenna) - does the ATM give Euros or US dollars?

In case we decide to use the ATM (im certainly sure we will need to do so, as i wont be able to carry a lot of cash due to international travel restrictions), do you know what are the rates if we use our US debit card to get money out? i.e If we get U$S100 out whats the % they take? 

Thank you in advance! 

I was on the Explorer leaving Ravenna, in July. There was an ATM onboard. But we were able to find ATMs easily at the ports.

As mentioned Europe uses cards more than cash. You’ll actually find some places that only takes cards (including a restroom we visited - was a bit strange tapping for the loo!)

As stated, my ship (vision) had both US and Euro ATMs.  While the ATM on the ship was a bit high, around $7 last November, the Barcelona ATM charged almost the same and then had a currency conversion fee.  Therefore, I get money before I leave from my bank in sufficient quantity that I don't need to get extra on the road.  Historically, bank ATMs in Germany were pretty decent.  But I compared rates from my bank, the Barcelona bank, the ship Guest Services, and the ship ATM.  My bank was the best net after all fees.