Does next cruise have access to more availability?

ScottD

Sailing in 2 weeks from NJ for my first time from there, and I know it's going to spoil me, very excited about not flying this time,  and would like to book another one from there for next summer. Unfortunately all of the dates and room types we would be interested in seem to be "sold out" on the website. Does Next cruise have a little allotment, like a TA might, that they MIGHT be able to pull out for me? Was hoping to get that lower deposit and pick the date right there on board if they have additional rooms in their inventory, or am I just out of luck and either making a much longer drive to Florida or booking a more expensive room than planned?  

1 hour ago, ScottD said:

Sailing in 2 weeks from NJ for my first time from there, and I know it's going to spoil me, very excited about not flying this time,  and would like to book another one from there for next summer. Unfortunately all of the dates and room types we would be interested in seem to be "sold out" on the website. Does Next cruise have a little allotment, like a TA might, that they MIGHT be able to pull out for me? Was hoping to get that lower deposit and pick the date right there on board if they have additional rooms in their inventory, or am I just out of luck and either making a much longer drive to Florida or booking a more expensive room than planned?  

The website doesn't always show all available inventory for various reasons (illusion of scarcity, trying to fill certain areas/muster stations more evenly, etc).  However, I've read multiple times that when calling Royal they can see all available inventory even if it isn't shown on the website.  I would assume Next Cruise would see the same.  Of course, if a category is showing as sold out online, that may unfortunately be the truth.

Royal has eluded to holding back inventory and releasing more once pricing is higher, closer to sail date.  They basically acknowledged that making the whole ship all available on day one of the opening wasn't the best way to maximize profit.  

What we don't know, and what Royal isn't going to tell us, is whether they started holding back some inventory, and if so, when they will release it.

On an interesting note. I did find out that Club Royale has rooms available that are not listed on any of the general travel websites I saw anywhere. I had called to inquire about the upgrade cost of a balcony room (2D)to be closer to another couple we convinced to go on their 1st cruise (Int GTY) after their cabin was assigned. To my surprise, the CR rep started giving me multiple options of rooms that weren't listed as available in the same category I was already in so no upgrade was needed. We ended up in the cabin right next to the one I was willing to pay to upgrade to so it was a pleasant surprise to say the least.