Question about back-to-back process

I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, but I don't find anything on it.  We are doing back-to-back, 7 nights each, soon.  Same cabin for both cruises.  Just curious, but does RC require us to depart the ship on disembarkation morning and then reboard?  Or do they let B2B people wait onboard somewhere while they do their turnover process.  (If you've ever had to depart, how soon were you allowed back on the ship?)  Thanks for any replies anyone may give.  Really appreciated.

You will be told where to meet on the ship and RC will do a head count and give you a small round sticker with a number for you to wear.  They had laid out some water, juice and I think some pastries.  They will also hand you your new sea pass cards for the upcoming cruise.  When all other guests have left the ship you walk off as a group and scan your sea pass card.  You walk off the ship to the exit and they use facial recognition for your customs check.  You stay in the group and they have you sit and wait to reboard, I think we waited maybe 30 minutes.  We were walked back onto the ship and we had preselected a quiet place to sit and watch on an enclosed higher deck.  It was all employees only and before we knew it the new passengers started boarding.

I would suggest to take your own water bottle and snacks because nothing is open until the new passengers board.

The easy way to understand is the ship must clear customs.  That means all passengers must be cleared to enter the country the ship is docked at, and all passengers must be off the ship.  They will have the B2B people meet and leave the ship to a special area.  When customs are cleared, they will check you back on the ship.  If you have the same cabin, you can leave everything as it is.  If you are changing cabins the cabin steward will help you move everything while you are disembarking and reboarding.

On 8/18/2023 at 10:03 PM, Montemy2419 said:

You will be told where to meet on the ship and RC will do a head count and give you a small round sticker with a number for you to wear.  They had laid out some water, juice and I think some pastries.  They will also hand you your new sea pass cards for the upcoming cruise.  When all other guests have left the ship you walk off as a group and scan your sea pass card.  You walk off the ship to the exit and they use facial recognition for your customs check.  You stay in the group and they have you sit and wait to reboard, I think we waited maybe 30 minutes.  We were walked back onto the ship and we had preselected a quiet place to sit and watch on an enclosed higher deck.  It was all employees only and before we knew it the new passengers started boarding.

I would suggest to take your own water bottle and snacks because nothing is open until the new passengers board.

Thank you! We are probably doing our first B2B next year and this is something I have been wondering about.

We did our first ever B2B on Liberty because we love Coco Cay and this way we got to enjoy it twice in a week.  We did a 4 day and 3 day cruise and while it was fun to see it twice the shorter cruises are very much a booze cruise.  We really loved how easy a B2B was and will be doing it again on Celebrity next year on two different ships in the same port as well as Anthem of the Seas and were lucky to get the same room for the 7 day and transatlantic.

10 hours ago, traveller123 said:

I'm thinking of a back to back cruise from Singapore, I would like to spend the transition date exploring Singapore and not just be waiting on the ship. Is it possible to get off the ship like the others, but leave the baggage on the ship and explore and come back onto the ship? Thanks.

This would be possible on any other ship sailing anywhere else, but Singapore has a lot of different rules. So, you need to check out the rules. If you are B2B, you do not remove any luggage or bags in general, just your travel documents and anything you need to survive the period you won't have access to your room. 

13 hours ago, traveller123 said:

I'm thinking of a back to back cruise from Singapore, I would like to spend the transition date exploring Singapore and not just be waiting on the ship. Is it possible to get off the ship like the others, but leave the baggage on the ship and explore and come back onto the ship? Thanks.

Can't answer for Singapore, but when you get your new Seapass card, you are also given an "in transit" card that allows you to leave the ship and get back on quickly. We just finished a B2B in Bayonne, and my daughter wanted to pick up some things from the nearby CVS, so after returning (which annoyed her, since she had to get all all the way back on the ship, then leave again), called an Uber and got her errand done, then was able to get back on the ship easily 

Depends on the ship.   We have had the same room for an B2B and we were allowed to go to our room.  Another time we had to change rooms…They gave us B2B cards and told our new rooms would be given priority cleaning.   They were ready before the other rooms and we showed the cards to who ever stopped us in our room hallway.