Are yoga mats available?

• carrieann906 changed the title to Are yoga mats available?

There is so little supervision in the gyms these days (pet peeve but I'll spare you all the rant) that you could very easily just go and get one and take it back to your cabin. The chances are that nobody would question or stop you.

However, there really aren't that many of them and keeping one in your cabin could certainly have the effect of leaving someone without one in the gym when they need it. If you want to use one in your cabin I would suggest you return it when you've finished using it and go and get another the next time you need it.

4 hours ago, CrznTxn said:

The gym has the yoga mats. I have not heard of anyone asking for one to be kept in their cabin but will not hurt to ask.

Thanks! I've got a bad back and do lots of stretches on the floor, but that grosses me out in hotel rooms, and I don't want to go to the gym every time I need to adjust my back. 

4 hours ago, FionaMG said:

There is so little supervision in the gyms these days (pet peeve but I'll spare you all the rant) that you could very easily just go and get one and take it back to your cabin. The chances are that nobody would question or stop you.

However, there really aren't that many of them and keeping one in your cabin could certainly have the effect of leaving someone without one in the gym when they need it. If you want to use one in your cabin I would suggest you return it when you've finished using it and go and get another the next time you need it.

Makes sense. Thanks for your input! Fingers crossed I can keep one in my room. I have a bad back and have to do little adjustments often to keep it in line. I'm just hoping to not have to go to the gym every time for it. 

4 hours ago, FionaMG said:

However, there really aren't that many of them and keeping one in your cabin could certainly have the effect of leaving someone without one in the gym when they need it.

Seconding this. There were only maybe 8 mats on Radiance last September, which was not even enough for the people that signed up for yoga class.

On 8/17/2023 at 1:55 PM, DDaley said:

Maybe you could bring a folding camping pad? They weigh almost nothing and could be clipped via carabiner to the exterior of your carry on bag or rolling suitcase, thus not taking up valuable real estate. 

That is an excellent idea! I have a super compact one that will work perfect! Thank you for responding 😄