Royal Caribbean Comic-Con Cruise 2025

If you are a Comic-Con fan they just announce last week a cruise onboard Serenade of the Seas.  This cruise will operate as a 4 night charter cruise out of Tampa FL.  It is important to note you can not book this cruise on Royal Caribbean's website. 

Of course Comic-Con is this huge event that only continues to grow in popularity every year.  Come February 2025 Royal will get in on the action as well and will offer fans a truly one of a kind immersive experience all of the details are being handled by the San Diego Comic Convention the corporation that puts on Comic-Con every year.

https://comicconthecruise.com/landing-page/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_oiqyOGngAMVnjfUAR3rNAjCEAAYASAAEgJQ0_D_BwE

7 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Theme charters are never cheap.

I know, which is why I stay clear. I used to do Comic-Con, but I got priced out by popularity. I saw this and was excited. Had it been on Voyager or Freedom class I would have entertained it but no to an expensive sailing on a really old ship. 

On 7/24/2023 at 12:22 PM, Ampurp85 said:

I saw this but thought $2200 for a small ship with none of my perks was a bit much.

Literally my exact thoughts. I am a cosplayer and love going to conventions and the opportunity to combine it with cruising definitely sounded great.  but the price seemed crazy high..until I did the math

The math:

• SDCC badge (aka ticket) prices for all 5 days would normally be $330
  • Hotel would probably add another $250-$350 per person if a standard room is split between 4 or so people.
  • A standard interior on Serenade in the off season averages about $800

That's about $1,100....

according to the site, a 3V/4V interior is $990 per person (though I do swear it was high before)

so....not overly ridiculous I guess. Does still suck that I wouldn't be able to use my Diamond Perks....