xSAILEDx Wonder of the Seas - Mar 17, 2024 - Mar 24, 2024 (7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)

Figured I'd start this early.

This is the first of several cruises my wife and I have booked on Wonder. We live an hour from PC and enjoy the convenience even if it means visiting many of the same ports over and over. We sail more for the ship than the ports (and love CocoCay).

We were just on Wonder with extended family in June and had an amazing time as always. We were treated to a GS and the suite neighborhood and perks are amazing. Now that it's just us, we're back to sailing frugally and following our usual routine which is very different than when sailing with family in a suite.

My semi-live blog from that cruise can be found here if anyone is interested...

We're especially excited about this cruise as we will be turning D+.

Roll calls aren't very active these days as most people seem to prefer FB but I find way too much noise and misinformation there. If anyone has any questions, Wonder-specific or otherwise, fire away!

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Matt said:

I'm booked on this sailing now after the Rhapsody group cruise was cancelled

Welcome aboard! Spring Break with the fam or something more?

I know I've casually mentioned this before but my wife teaches Kindergarten in WG and we live a bit south of the WG Village.

On 8/15/2023 at 3:07 PM, OCSC Mike said:

Welcome aboard! Spring Break with the fam or something more?

Thanks! Spring break with the fam, but I know a few other families that also re-booked on this sailing too.  So Rhapsody refugees!

Hope we get a chance to say hello onboard!

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

If I can survive meeting @smokeybandit, I can meet anyone!

Which is why you avoided me and booked Wonder as the replacement cruise, not Adventure!

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'm pretty quiet IRL, you have nothing to fear.

Believe it or not, so am I....except when I'm on a cruise ship.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, danoconnl said:

On this cruise as well.  1st time on Oasis class, been on every Freedom class, a couple others and Odyssey.  Wife teaches kindergarten here in MO os this is our spring break trip without kids.

Welcome! Another K teacher spouse... so you're used to all the kids onboard during breaks like we are.

Oasis class is easily my favorite; we're only missing Symphony. Just got off Allure yesterday after we squeezed in a 5-nigher when a good deal popped up about a month ago. My wife had a teacher non-workday or whatever on Friday so school was closed and she only had to miss a couple days.

I'm sure you'll adapt quickly to the added locations of Oasis class like Central Park and Boardwalk. And of course Wonder has a ton of dining options.

I know I was literally on a ship yesterday morning but March still can't get here soon enough!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, GatorCruiser said:

Wait, your on this sailing ? Spring break ? If so , so am I 

Indeed I am. Wife's spring break.

I appreciate that you noticed me before @Matt. 🤣

I'm an introvert IRL and Matt will be with his family but if you figure something out, I'll be there. Told ya in that other thread, we're boring. If it's not PDCC day or St. Martin, you can usually find me eating, drinking, in the Solarium... or some combination of those things.

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

Indeed I am. Wife's spring break.

I appreciate that you noticed me before @Matt. 🤣

I'm an introvert IRL and Matt will be with his family but if you figure something out, I'll be there. Told ya in that other thread, we're boring. If it's not PDCC day or St. Martin, you can usually find me eating, drinking, in the Solarium... or some combination of those things.

It would be cool to meet some of the people who post on here if you are amenable. I’ll be aboard with my wife and 2 kids as it’s their spring break week as well. No worries if you have no interest. It’s always cool to put a name to a face on here. We can figure it out down the road If so. 

Just now, GatorCruiser said:

It would be cool to meet some of the people who post on here if you are amenable. I’ll be aboard with my wife and 2 kids as it’s their spring break week as well. No worries if you have no interest. It’s always cool to put a name to a face on here. We can figure it out down the road If so. 

Nah, it's cool. It's just us, no kids, so we're pretty flexible. It's @Matt you need to track down. I heard he was hiding on the Icon inaugural. 😁

Nah, it's cool. It's just us, no kids, so we're pretty flexible. It's @Matt you need to track down. I heard he was hiding on the Icon inaugural. 😁

You should start up a liveblog for this sailing . I’d be happy to supplement so it’s not all left to you to provide content. I know myself and I’m too lazy to start and manage one. 

5 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

You should start up a liveblog for this sailing . I’d be happy to supplement so it’s not all left to you to provide content. I know myself and I’m too lazy to start and manage one. 

I probably will. I did one in June but it was an extended family cruise in Sky Class, not our typical cruise. You chiming in would be great b/c I already mentioned in @asquared17's that I need to stop with long-winded daily recaps and just post random stuff with a couple pics here and there.

I probably will. I did one in June but it was an extended family cruise in Sky Class. You chiming in would be great b/c I already mentioned in @asquared17's that I need to stop with long-winded daily recaps and just post random stuff with a couple pics here and there.

I’d gladly contribute comments and pics and whatnot. We may have some others in here on that sailing as well that may contribute 

1 minute ago, GatorCruiser said:

We may have some others in here on that sailing as well that may contribute 

If we do, they're like you and haven't noticed this roll call that I started like 7 months ago! 🤣

If we do, they're like you and haven't noticed this roll call that I started like 7 months ago! 🤣

I only recently started coming Into the liveblog section of this site , usually just stuck to discussion and rumors tabs. But I’ve seen the light . There some good stuff posted on the liveblogs at times. We’d grt that liveblog rocking for our cruise , especially if matt posted. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Wonder of the Seas - Mar 17, 2024 - Mar 24, 2024 (7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)