How do you distinguish between a 3V and a 4V on Oasis-class?

Hello,

Here's a snapshot of the deck plan of Deck 7 on Allure:

image.thumb.png.267fd5f154f85e06b31bdd7a4bd918e7.png

It looks like the 3V and 4V cabins have the same color! How are we supposed to tell them apart?

It matters because I believe the 4V cabins have the head of the bed along the side of the room and the 3V cabins have the head of the bed at the back of the room.

This would not apply to earlier classes of ships as I am pretty sure all interior cabins on Freedom-class ships and below have the head of the bed along the back of the room.

2 hours ago, Cakemeister said:

Hello,

It looks like the 3V and 4V cabins have the same color! How are we supposed to tell them apart?

It matters because I believe the 4V cabins have the head of the bed along the side of the room and the 3V cabins have the head of the bed at the back of the room.

This would not apply to earlier classes of ships as I am pretty sure all interior cabins on Freedom-class ships and below have the head of the bed along the back of the room.

I believe (but may have this backwards) that the even categories are rooms that only sleep 2 people.  So the 4Vs sleep 2 and the 3Vs sleep 3 or more.  There's no need to separate by color because the size of your party will determine which ones are shown to you when searching.

9 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I believe (but may have this backwards) that the even categories are rooms that only sleep 2 people.  So the 4Vs sleep 2 and the 3Vs sleep 3 or more.  There's no need to separate by color because the size of your party will determine which ones are shown to you when searching.

But the OP's question is how to tell 4V and 3V apart on the legend since they're the same color, despite having varying room layouts due to varying occupancies. So if you're searching for just a room for 2, it'll show you both.

13 hours ago, Cakemeister said:

Hello,

Not sure if THIS is what you are looking for.... https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/ships/Allure-of-the-Seas/Cabins.php this shows you where the beds and couches are in each room if that helps...

4 hours ago, ScottD said:

Not sure if THIS is what you are looking for.... https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/ships/Allure-of-the-Seas/Cabins.php this shows you where the beds and couches are in each room if that helps...

That's great for balcony class rooms (which is the usual question of this type) but this poster wants to know about the interior rooms.  I have no idea if they follow a similar pattern or not especially since it isn't even obvious from the deck plans where the door is on some of the cabins.

1 hour ago, Atlantix2000 said:

That's great for balcony class rooms (which is the usual question of this type) but this poster wants to know about the interior rooms.  I have no idea if they follow a similar pattern or not especially since it isn't even obvious from the deck plans where the door is on some of the cabins.

As an interior (cave) dweller myself, I'm not sure how you can tell.

When choosing interiors (all listed as 4V) on Wonder, I saw at least 3 different layouts. Some didn't even have a small couch, just a chair. We're not picky but I at least want my little couch. The chairs all appeared aft in the few youtube videos I found from cruisedeckplans.com while all the videos for outside hallway forward interiors had a couch but the bed was either in the back or along the side. We're fine with either one so we just chose some of those.

I guess that was a long way of saying we just used the available info and made our best guess.

Hello,

Are you asking for the location of the bed?  Like it is near the balcony or near 

Hello,

Are you asking where the location of the bed is?  Like it bed is near balcony or closer to the hallway.

Are you asking where the location of the bed is?  Like it bed is near balcony or closer to the hallway.

The OP is asking about interiors. The bed is either along the back wall facing the door or on the side wall facing across the room.

2 hours ago, Cakemeister said:

7147 has an asterisk on the floor plan. I think CrznTxn is correct about the asterisk rooms.

Thanks for the info!

The asterisk and the cabin category (3V vs 4V) are all about capacity, not bed placement. If you want a specific bed placement, definitely see if your options line up with the rooms that have videos available that show the bed location and use that to inform your decision.