Flowers

1 hour ago, Medic1850 said:

Thanks for the info. Mine will be too.  I’m gonna see if they let you bring some on

I believe flowers would fall into the category of with fruits and things that are usually prohibited in international travel because they may have bugs not native to the area. I imagine whatever Royal used to sell before had to go through a series of certifications.

They are not listed on the prohibited items

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

I'm not sure how you would pack fresh flowers though.

Maybe a set of artificial roses?

https://www.amazon.com/Mocoosy-Artificial-Flowers-Realistic-Decorations/dp/B0825ZCBT2/ref=sr_1_16?crid=2SNG4FFR834CF&keywords=roses+artificial+flowers&qid=1688757014&sprefix=roses%2Caps%2C101&sr=8-16

I get that they aren't real, but the extra effort and thought into getting them onto a ship may make up for the lack of being real. 

37 minutes ago, twangster said:

They are not listed on the prohibited items

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

I'm not sure how you would pack fresh flowers though.

Maybe a set of artificial roses?

https://www.amazon.com/Mocoosy-Artificial-Flowers-Realistic-Decorations/dp/B0825ZCBT2/ref=sr_1_16?crid=2SNG4FFR834CF&keywords=roses+artificial+flowers&qid=1688757014&sprefix=roses%2Caps%2C101&sr=8-16

I get that they aren't real, but the extra effort and thought into getting them onto a ship may make up for the lack of being real. 

@twangster ... The "bot" with a sentimental streak. 😉

Curt from Canada

On 7/6/2023 at 8:40 PM, CrznTxn said:

Sorry, since the pandemic there are no flowers for sale on Royal Caribbean. My wife is quite disappointed.

Yeah I can't understand why that didn't come back. That was a cruise tradition for us, flowers for my wife and chocolate covered strawberries for our son and my wife also. I mean it's just odd I think. 

I stopped by Publix in Florida to get some flowers for a a friends birthday in Miami. Security at the port would not allow me to bring them on. they told me I could only bring on 1 stem.  The security person said she would of dispose of them. I told her I would and proceeded to rip them up.  I have taken them on board before.

@MLH Yikes. I had our MEI travel agent ask RCCL directly about flowers, and she this heard back: "we are no longer providing flowers, so they can bring them ON the ship, but you will not be allowed to take them off again, assuming they last throughout the cruise." I even double checked about having them in a vase and water, and got the actual name of the person at RCCL who gave her the answer.  So I thought I was all set to get them at a florist and bring them on. So it was incredibly disturbing to read your post and find out that although RCCL officially allows passengers to bring flowers on, a security person can still prevent you from doing that if they so choose. And what recourse do you have standing there in the terminal trying to board?  And the idea that you could bring one stem but not a whole bouquet?  That's downright ridiculous. If the concern is bugs, how is one stem less a problem than a whole bouquet?  I guess the security person probably liked your flowers and thought they would look nice on her table.  I don't want to spend $50 or $100 on flowers and then be told I can't bring them on.  I guess I'm on to Plan B - silk flowers. Thanks for posting.