OT Air through Ladybug/Flights Channel... really cheap

Has anyone ever the used above mentioned website?  I think there is a catch in that you have to be at the airport 3 hours before your flight or will be marked as a no show.   It is half the price of Travelocity from CVG to MCO in October.  Anyone tried it?  How was the experience?  

My wife found Ladybug.  As she explained, you input your dates of travel and a target price.  When they can match or go below your target price, they contact you with an offer.  She found $187 Cincy to Orlando on our dates on Delta (free carry on).  I'm finding between $300 and $400 and because it is on Frontier we would have to pay for our carry on bags taking it to $400.

Thanks

My biggest concern would be if there were any issues with the flight.  The airline wouldn’t deal with you because you booked through a third party.  

That happened once to us many years ago   Ever since that disaster, we book direct.  Same with hotel rooms   

It was even a leap of faith for us to book through Air2Sea for our upcoming RC cruise out of Italy. 

If something sounds too good to be true……. They have quite a few bad reviews and reputation. The word “scam” is used throughout many of the reviews. I personally wouldn’t touch them or base my entire vacation on them coming through for me.

3 hours ago, lkg276 said:

Consider looking at Allegiant to SFB (Orlando Sanford) 

I have nothing against Allegiant, but I am always hesitant to book an airline like Allegiant, Frontier or Spirit in the case of a time sensitive event like a cruise, wedding, or business trip. Their limited schedule and general lack of being able to re-route/re-accommodate you can cause serious issues. I've taken Spirit and Allegiant to, for example, a guys weekend in Vegas...if I am late or flat out miss it, it stinks but isn't a big deal. I wouldn't risk it to something like a cruise where, if I miss it, I'm in a lot bigger trouble. In that case, an airline like AA, DL, UA, or WN can offer a myriad of re-routing options with a better chance of getting you there. 

Just now, Zacharius said:

I have nothing against Allegiant, but I am always hesitant to book an airline like Allegiant, Frontier or Spirit in the case of a time sensitive event like a cruise, wedding, or business trip. Their limited schedule and general lack of being able to re-route/re-accommodate you can cause serious issues. I've taken Spirit and Allegiant to, for example, a guys weekend in Vegas...if I am late or flat our miss it, it stinks but isn't a big deal. I wouldn't risk it to something like a cruise where, if I miss it, I'm in a lot bigger trouble. In that case, an airline like AA, DL, UA, or WN can offer a myriad of re-routing options with a better chance of getting you there. 

That's a great point.  We are flying in a day early for a cruise, so I wasn't as worried about it.  Haven't booked yet and can go out of Indy or Cincinnati.

17 minutes ago, RCVoyager said:

That's a great point.  We are flying in a day early for a cruise, so I wasn't as worried about it.  Haven't booked yet and can go out of Indy or Cincinnati.

While flying in a day ahead is wonderful, it's still a bit risky with these airlines that have limited presence on routes (or even limited presence in a city). For example, Allegiant only flies 3 or 4x weekly CVG-SFB, so while that extra day might buy them time to get in a new aircraft or crew should there be an issue, there is still more of a concern to me than someone like DL, for example, who not only flies CVG-MCO at least 2x daily but can re-route you via ATL, DTW, MSP, and more. 

3 minutes ago, Zacharius said:

While flying in a day ahead is wonderful, it's still a bit risky with these airlines that have limited presence on routes (or even limited presence in a city). For example, Allegiant only flies 3 or 4x weekly CVG-SFB, so while that extra day might buy them time to get in a new aircraft or crew should there be an issue, there is still more of a concern to me than someone like DL, for example, who not only flies CVG-MCO at least 2x daily but can re-route you via ATL, DTW, MSP, and more. 

Thanks for the great points.  Probably going to look more at the legacy carriers for that extra bit of safety.