RCL Stock hit $100 today - First time since Jan 2020

this is the answer to almost every question on these forums, huge milestone on its way back to the $130-150 mark and beyond.

more ships coming online, more people cruising, more bonds on track to be paid off, more expenses trimmed, more drinks charged, more fees (cough *the keys?) bought...it's all working right now for them.  the 3/4 night cruise market esp has been a revelation, really almost a shocker to me with the last few announcements from royal and celebrity moving even more hardware capacity into the florida weekend and ditching a more crowded europe. 

the florida weekend cruises must be just wildly profitable - combination of very low operating costs (compared to steaming hundreds of miles) and a lot of party people happy to splurge because, hey it's only a few days and oh, by the way one of those days is on the company island.

5 minutes ago, dr martini said:

the 3/4 night cruise market esp has been a revelation, really almost a shocker to me with the last few announcements from royal and celebrity moving even more hardware capacity into the florida weekend

This has been a surprise to me as well (especially 2 Oasis class ships) although if I lived within driving range I'd be all over it as well.

1 hour ago, Traveling Mike said:

I do not like the 4-day cruises, but I have been on 2 of them in the last year out of Las Angeles.  How do I pass up 4 days on the Navigator for $300 a person?

Especially if you live within 50 miles of the pier. I have been on a free 3 day, 4 of the 4 day, and 2 of the 7 day Mexico cruises. I have 2 more booked for this year.

On 6/28/2023 at 11:34 AM, Vancity Cruiser said:

This has been a surprise to me as well (especially 2 Oasis class ships) although if I lived within driving range I'd be all over it as well.

We would as well...too bad it's a 20-hour drive from Ft. Lauderdale / Miami ports from the Memphis, TN area. 😞