Has anyone sailed on the Wonder of the Seas with a multi-day deluxe 3-day dining package and have run into reservation issues?

RayV

I have purchased a 3-day deluxe dining package that requires us to select a premium restaurant on the first night. We were looking to use the package for the Izumi Hibachi dining but we are not able to reserve a reasonable time in advance. We are required to board as early as possible and then sprint for the restaurant to hopefully reserve a spot for the first night. My concern and my question is with the ability for individuals to make non-discount dining reservations now has anyone run into the issue of not being able to get a reservation because full-paying cruisers have filled the reservation spaces throughout the cruise for specific premium dining options?

Would you advise canceling the 3-day dining package and just going ahead and reserve premium dining on an individual basis and on the days we prefer?

13 minutes ago, RayV said:

I have purchased a 3-day deluxe dining package that requires us to select a premium restaurant on the first night. We were looking to use the package for the Izumi Hibachi dining but we are not able to reserve a reasonable time in advance. We are required to board as early as possible and then sprint for the restaurant to hopefully reserve a spot for the first night. My concern and my question is with the ability for individuals to make non-discount dining reservations now has anyone run into the issue of not being able to get a reservation because full-paying cruisers have filled the reservation spaces throughout the cruise for specific premium dining options?

Would you advise canceling the 3-day dining package and just going ahead and reserve premium dining on an individual basis and on the days we prefer?

Don’t panic.  You will be fine.  You may have to be flexible with your dining days/times but you will be able to get the restaurants of your choice.  Just go directly to Izumi after you board and make your reservations.

31 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

... Just go directly to Izumi after you board and make your reservations.

Just to double-check so I get it through my thick skull 😆... Izumi is the only restaurant that will allow you to make all of your specialty dining reservations for all of the restaurants onboard? I understand the others can't book Izumi. We will be trying the UDP for the first time and plan on having Izumi 2-3x for lunch/dinner during the week. Starting to plan already... LOL! Thanks as always!!! 😀

You are required to make your reservations onboard @RayV.  There is no requirement to sprint.

You appear to understand the reasoning behind it that your package is discounted vs the individual reservations allowed before boarding.  Unless you have a really large party and/or very focused on one day/time only, you will probably be fine doing it onboard.  I think you have to decide on the savings vs certainty factor and how you want to play it.

We see many that worry in advance and very few that return from the sailing having been shut out.

Good luck!

The OP issue is they would like Hibachi the first night, I cannot see that being an option. Hibachi goes fast and if that was something I really wanted to do I would directly book that at a time I wanted. Since there are probably only 4-5 seatings each night with 8 pax per table and maybe 5 or 6 tables on a ship like Wonder.  I would bite the bullet or choose another night.

8 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

The OP issue is they would like Hibachi the first night, I cannot see that being an option. Hibachi goes fast and if that was something I really wanted to do I would directly book that at a time I wanted. Since there are probably only 4-5 seatings each night with 8 pax per table and maybe 5 or 6 tables on a ship like Wonder.  I would bite the bullet or choose another night.

No, they said the package requires them to have a reservation at a premium restaurant the first night.

But to the original poster, they won't hold you to that. You can mix it up once on board.   

I'll also add get on early as possible and be flexible with your days and times. It will all work out.

1 hour ago, CanHardlyWait said:

No, they said the package requires them to have a reservation at a premium restaurant the first night.

But to the original poster, they won't hold you to that. You can mix it up once on board.   

I'll also add get on early as possible and be flexible with your days and times. It will all work out.

Please reread

On 6/26/2023 at 6:10 PM, RayV said:

22 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Please reread

I'm going by everything before what you underlined. "requires us to select a premium restaurant on the first night. "

I took that to mean they are basing this all on what they believe is required??? My interpretation. Who knows. Lol.

Again, I encourage flexibility with days and times. Have a plan B for which nights to use a 3 night plan, I did. I made a chart with 3 sets of options. All to work around show times. I had early and late dinning times that I knew I could make work. But flexibility is key. If you have a plan A, B, and C (I can't help it lol) you will be able to make reservations once on board super fast.

2 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

I'm going by everything before what you underlined. "requires us to select a premium restaurant on the first night. "

I took that to mean they are basing this all on what they believe is required??? My interpretation. Who knows. Lol.

Again, I encourage flexibility with days and times. Have a plan B for which nights to use a 3 night plan, I did. I made a chart with 3 sets of options. All to work around show times. I had early and late dinning times that I knew I could make work. But flexibility is key. If you have a plan A, B, and C (I can't help it lol) you will be able to make reservations once on board super fast.

I originally thought somewhat like you but wanting to do hibachi the first night changed my mind. Otherwise, flexibility is the key. Wonder has a separate hibachi restaurant, so it means more tables but the capacity for Wonder is 7000+ guest. 

On 6/26/2023 at 7:10 PM, RayV said:

Keep the package. The time you were forced to select when purchasing the package is not indicative of the time you must dine. When you board, go make your reservations for the three nights.

Look at the times available right now that are available to book hibachi. I'm willing to bet you are only seeing the 5pm hour and 9pm hour timeslots for all the days.  They don't have anything showing inbetween; the 7pm hour is missing and unavailable for booking prior to the cruise. 

There are 3 hibachi tables and 3 hibachi times for each table, a total of 9 timeslots for booking each evening. They are holding back inventory for those who make reservations on the ship.

We were just on Wonder this past May. Yes you have to book at Izumi. The line was VERY LONG! I waited over 30 minutes and I boarded at 10:30! 

The biggest issue is people making reservations for all restaurants for the whole week. That really backs up the line. 

I wish they would limit Izumi to Izumi reservations only. Get the reservation you want then go to another restaurant to make the rest of your reservations