What time is early/late dining (Symphony specifically)

Going on Symphony in/out of Rome in mid-August.  Where can I find what time is the early seating for dinner and when is late, or does anyone happen to know the times?

This is my first cruise in 30+ years, so I have no experience with this, but for me, any seating where the first number is a 5 is too early, and if the number is an 8, well, I don't think that will fly with the fam.  And for reasons that escape me, no one in our group seems to be onboard with My Time dining. 

We are currently signed up for the early seating, but check-in is soon and didn't know if changes needed to be made.

14 hours ago, NC Grateful Dead Dad said:

Going on Symphony in/out of Rome in mid-August.  Where can I find what time is the early seating for dinner and when is late, or does anyone happen to know the times?

This is my first cruise in 30+ years, so I have no experience with this, but for me, any seating where the first number is a 5 is too early, and if the number is an 8, well, I don't think that will fly with the fam.  And for reasons that escape me, no one in our group seems to be onboard with My Time dining. 

We are currently signed up for the early seating, but check-in is soon and didn't know if changes needed to be made.

Think of it this way.  Of course everyone would prefer to eat around 6:30PM.  But if they made one of the main dining times 6:30PM, what time would that make the other main dining time?  Probably 4PM or 9PM, right?  Those options would be even more ridiculous.  So they've picked main dining times where everyone is either a bit early or a bit late but no one is completed screwed.

On 6/24/2023 at 4:58 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

Check the invoice that you received when you booked.  It will say right on there what time it is.

They changed the time on our last cruise from the invoice. My invoice said 5:30pm when we booked and then they changed it to 5pm closer to the sail date. 

3 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Ugh, that's still lunch time, lol.

We didn't care too much on that sailing because we had a time change from Eastern to Central so it felt like 6pm to us, a much more reasonable time! But it was frustrating that once we were locked in (it was a sold out sailing), then they changed it!

Dining times on Med cruises are often a bit later. I'm guessing partly to accommodate long port days with late arrival back to the ship and partly because we tend to eat later over here. One cruise we did years back on Adventure out of Málaga had 7 pm and 9 pm to take into account the large number of Spanish guests as they eat very late.

10 years ago on Explorer, early was 6pm, which was good (family cruise, age range from 14yo - > 80).  Last few we took, early was 530, which was good for DD (adult, but disabled, and went to bed early).  Last cruise DH & I took, we tried MTD, but not really a fan, and don't want to do it when we cruise with our other daughter, because of food allergies. The one we are on next month, we went with late, even though 8pm is late for me, but I was happy to see the change to 730pm. 

• 2 weeks later...