Harmony of the seas Sabor

MDT127

42 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

the food is very good, and i would argue that sabor is worth the money to go for a speciality dinner (or lunch!) if you can swing it.

Agreed. Only ever ate there once, on Harmony for dinner last year, but even family members who don't particularly like Mexican enjoyed it.

Jalapeno margarita was good too if you like spicy (although my favorite is the Goal Post pineapple jalapeno from Playmakers, on other ships of course).

1 hour ago, asquared17 said:

if they do a happy hour, it seems like it’s been kept quiet 😂

the food is very good, and i would argue that sabor is worth the money to go for a speciality dinner (or lunch!) if you can swing it. 

IMG_3251.jpeg

IMG_3256.jpeg

IMG_3259.jpeg

IMG_3257.jpeg

Thank you for the menu and I’ll the insight!!

44 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Agreed. Only ever ate there once, on Harmony for dinner last year, but even family members who don't particularly like Mexican enjoyed it.

Jalapeno margarita was good too if you like spicy (although my favorite is the Goal Post pineapple jalapeno from Playmakers, on other ships of course).

Great to hear! Thank you! 

Obviously YMMV but we had it on Harmony last august and it was just ok. And thats being fairly generous. Little to no seasoning, very bland.  It was served hot temp wise, no issues there. And we love Mexican food. The service was great, atmosphere was great, food was meh. And I was really looking forward to it.

It was the least enjoyable non MDR meal I have ever had on RC.

8 hours ago, brdjnr said:

Obviously YMMV but we had it on Harmony last august and it was just ok. And thats being fairly generous. Little to no seasoning, very bland.  It was served hot temp wise, no issues there. And we love Mexican food. The service was great, atmosphere was great, food was meh. And I was really looking forward to it.

I had Sabor  on Liberty last week.  It was not impressive.  Guacamole was bland-I added a lot of salt (not like me to do so)

the chicken jalapeño wrapped in bacon was delicious, but no taste of jalapeño.
‘the calamari was better than the dining room calamari.

for my main meal I ordered 3 tacos
spicy chicken-eh, not spicy at all
shrimp-were deep fried-the menu reads marinated shrimp-the shrimp were over cooked-not edible
Barbaccoa-I enjoyed it and would do it again

I’m booked for Sabor on Allure and will give it another shot.  

8 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

I’m booked for Sabor on Allure and will give it another shot.

Glad you’re giving it another shot. The guac was great on Harmony last summer & my family of 8 reordered those chicken jalapeño bacon apps several times.

TBF, the entrees were the weakest part for us, but between the guac & the apps, and then the desserts, it was still a very good meal.

On 6/15/2023 at 2:38 PM, brdjnr said:

We were on Allure 2017 & some friends ate at Sabor. They LOVE Mexican food as well and that was their experience as well. But different ship several years ago. A lot could’ve changed. That’s one of the reasons I thought a happy hour menu would be great to try before dining for dinner. But we’ve heard rave reviews either way about the bar menu! Thanks for your insight! 

46 minutes ago, MDT127 said:

We were on Allure 2017 & some friends ate at Sabor. They LOVE Mexican food as well and that was their experience as well. But different ship several years ago. A lot could’ve changed. That’s one of the reasons I thought a happy hour menu would be great to try before dining for dinner. But we’ve heard rave reviews either way about the bar menu! Thanks for your insight! 

It is for sure worth a shot, heck we would try it again.  

we loved savor for the food and the price point (for a specialty dining). 

would we swear it was the best mexican food ever? no, of course not 😂 but it was a nice variety and the dining charge was half of the typical dinner venues. the guac was delicious and the fact that you can immediately swap in/out for your tortilla preference — and they make them fresh right there!! — was a total boon.