Passport

GaGa

2 hours ago, GaGa said:

Hello. Upcoming cruise in August. Will I be able to board with a passport that expires in October of this year?

I just found out about the six month expiration period. Mine will be expiring 2 months after the cruise.

You'll need to be more specific. Where does your cruise start and end, and where are you located? Also, realize this is a fan site, not an official Royal Caribbean website.

4 hours ago, cedricmr said:

Which cruise? What is your nationality ?

It’s more of an immigration problem

4 hours ago, cedricmr said:

Which cruise? What is your nationality ?

It’s more of an immigration problem

Close Looped. I’m from USA. 3 day freedom of the seas from Miami to Nassau. My sister has planned the trip and has me nervous I will be turned away since my passport expires two months after the cruise. Website claims it “should” be six months. Wondering if anyone has heard of people being turned away. Not sure I can locate my original birth certificate as a back up. 

4 hours ago, GaGa said:

Close Looped. I’m from USA. 3 day freedom of the seas from Miami to Nassau. My sister has planned the trip and has me nervous I will be turned away since my passport expires two months after the cruise. Website claims it “should” be six months. Wondering if anyone has heard of people being turned away. Not sure I can locate my original birth certificate as a back up. 

If you are a US citizen and you are on a closed-loop sailing, you will be fine.  I just went through this.  My passport expires 6-23-23 and we had several cruises booked earlier this year.  Never once did anyone say anything about my passport being less than 6 months from expiration.  I finally sent it off to be renewed when we returned from our 5-21 sailing on Mariner.  I will have to use my BC/DL on our next few cruises but I am confident that will be ok too as I did a "trial run" on our recent Mariner cruise, using the BC/DL.  The only problem with the BC/DL plan is that you have to go through a different CBP line on the return but it was easy...just different.

4b. If I only have four months left on my passport, can I still travel to The Bahamas?

Only British and American passport holders may travel to The Bahamas with less than six months left on their passports. However, British passport holders are advised to have at least six months unexpired on their passports, as they need this requirement for British Immigration purposes. British passport holders that travel to The Bahamas with less than six months validity on their passports would be allowed entry to The Bahamas as long as the duration of their visit to The Bahamas is less than three weeks (21 days).

https://www.bahamasembdc.org/contact/faq/?doing_wp_cron=1686410739.0912039279937744140625#:~:text=Only British and American passport,requirement for British Immigration purposes.