Basic soda package

If we get the basic soda package do we bring the free style cups to the main dining room or does the main dining room provide us with soda in their own cups/glass?  What about other restaurants and cafes?  I assume their will be free style machines in the buffet?  Sailing on Brilliance for Alaskan cruise.

Thanks.

The cups are only useful at Freestyle Machines; some ships have them, some don't.  Jewel of the Seas had 2 in the Windjammer, Mariner had 2 in the Windjammer and 2 on the Royal Promenade (deck 5). Saw 4 as well on Wonder, same locations as Mariner. If you have the soda or refreshment package, you can get  soda, albeit limited selection at any bar or restaurant, but to my knowledge and experience a bar or restaurant will not fill a Freestyle cup. Sometimes by the can at a bar, sometimes by the glass only. It varies.

Three cruises with the Refreshment Package, the cups stayed in the cabin, except for the one I dropped on the deck and knocked the bottom out of it. Didn't bother replacing it, soda (coke anyway) is far more easily obtained than having to mount an expedition to seek out the nearest Freestyle machine and wade in a sticky, wet mess. Your mileage may vary.............

Right, like any drink.  They'll ask for your Seapass card.  In the MDR, your waiters will just remember.  It's really quite easy.

I carry my cup around (I'm a sodaholic) after morning coffee and fill it at the freestyle machines with a particular flavor I like.  Leave it when heading to dinner and just order at dinner and whatever our evening activities might be.

2 minutes ago, jim620 said:

So when I go to order a soda do I show them the seapass card?

Yes.  The first few times you may need to show the Seapass card to a waiter or Bartender but once you frequent those locations several times most of them just remember you and you may not need to show it.  But, bring it with you when you wish to get a soda just in case their memory is like mine and they forget.

I know a lot of people don't like the Freestyle machines because there are so few of them and they break down often. But I've had good luck with them and the one redeeming thing is they usually have a wide array of flavors you cant get at any bars. Like diet Dr Pepper, Barqs Root beer, power ade, fanta orange, seagrams ginger ale etc. and usually the "Zero" version of all of them too. So while carrying the cup around can be a pain, if you are a soda person, there is a lot there for you. Except for Pepsi Products naturally. LOL

2 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

A tip we found helpful - MDR staff are overwhelmed. If you can stop at a bar and get soda in a glass, THEN head to the MDR, it makes life so much easier. No more waiting for the drink or creating more work for your servers.

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on here and that's saying something.

It's there job. And from my personal experience they handle it and refills just fine. Also, they would have been concerned and felt like failures repeatedly telling me it was there job if I did such a thing. Totally unnecessary.

3 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on here and that's saying something.

Definitely not the most ridiculous for me, but I also prefer to get my soda in the MDR.  I do it simply because if I tell them the first day to bring me a big glass, they do it and it's like a tumbler sized Diet Coke, then for following days they bring it without me even asking.

The freestyle cup carrying around during the day is no problem for me because it's not me carrying a cup around, it's me carrying my drink around.  I drink it on a continuous turn.  My preference, the Diet Lime Coke isn't as popular as some so I don't have the issues of it running out that plague some of the more popular flavors.

10 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

It's there job. And from my personal experience they handle it and refills just fine. Also, they would have been concerned and felt like failures repeatedly telling me it was there job if I did such a thing. Totally unnecessary.

I'm glad to have contributed to ridiculousness. I also don't feel like waiting 20 minutes for my drink to show up, so to each their own, I guess. 

14 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

A tip we found helpful - MDR staff are overwhelmed. If you can stop at a bar and get soda in a glass, THEN head to the MDR, it makes life so much easier. No more waiting for the drink or creating more work for your servers.

Not my experience. On our last cruise after the first two nights they had a coke for me and a hot tea for the wife waiting every night. Really appreciated that