Odyssey of the seas - From Southampton 2025

14 hours ago, Stephen Cooper said:

According to the Le Havre port authority, Odyssey of the Seas will be sailing out of Southampton from May 2025.

Anyone else seen anything confirming this.?

Link here. https://www.havre-port.com/fr/liste/2077/escales-croisieres

Was pretty much confirmed a few months ago when the port bookings became public. Odyssey will be taking over on the New York/Southampton sailings when the Anthem moves to Singapore at the end of next year.

On 5/25/2023 at 12:22 PM, Thom Cruise said:

I just hope that RC go back to running the last of the season sailings to coincide with school half term again.  Early October to Canaries is too early to take kids out of school, they must be missing out on a lot of family trade. 

There is another side to that equation which Royal has to consider and that's sailings out of New York/New Jersey.  I'm not sure when the school half term ends in England but if it is early November that is to late for Royal to leave an Oasis Class ship up in New York where over night lows can get as low as 3 degrees celsius or 39 degrees fahrenheit.  Even though Odyssey isn't exactly a traditional cold weather ship she is more suited to sailing out of New York in during those cool fall and cold winter months than an Oasis Class ship. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wondering if anyone has heard what ship will replace Anthem. I was really hoping for Odyssey but Independence is still showing on the port schedule. Waiting to book Fjords for 2025 before Norway implements their zero emissions (or whatever the policy is) in 2026. Guess I’ll just scope out  cabins for both ships and impatiently wait until they release dates in November. Sigh. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2023 at 7:22 PM, Thom Cruise said:

I just hope that RC go back to running the last of the season sailings to coincide with school half term again.  Early October to Canaries is too early to take kids out of school, they must be missing out on a lot of family trade. 

Totally agree. We have tried to do Canaries cruise twice. Once on Navigator, when we stucked in Vigo for 2 days instead Madeira because stiblizer was broken. And second time we missed it because of Covid.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2023 at 2:47 PM, Jill said:

Just wondering if anyone has heard what ship will replace Anthem. I was really hoping for Odyssey but Independence is still showing on the port schedule. Waiting to book Fjords for 2025 before Norway implements their zero emissions (or whatever the policy is) in 2026. Guess I’ll just scope out  cabins for both ships and impatiently wait until they release dates in November. Sigh. 

Was booked on Anthem next month for her fall transatlantic.  Had to lift and shift off to a Nov cruise.  Was hoping for similar TA fall 2024.  Saw this summer she was not returning to NJ or Southampton after 2024 season.  I booked Anthem’s Spring 24 TA and Norway Fjords cruise.  Not waiting for 2025, and maybe Indy.  Emma cruises was on May 22 and Matt from RC Blog this past May and both liked it.  And we will be in Norway for Constitution Day on May 17th, looks like fun!  Got both cruises discounted from United, plus OBC and miles.  Can you perhaps book an Anthem Norway Fjords cruise in 2024?  Was thinking the 2025 departures may be even busier, pricier, as more people learn Fjords are closing.  Good Luck!  🙂

3 hours ago, Mycalpal said:

Was booked on Anthem next month for her fall transatlantic.  Had to lift and shift off to a Nov cruise.  Was hoping for similar TA fall 2024.  Saw this summer she was not returning to NJ or Southampton after 2024 season.  I booked Anthem’s Spring 24 TA and Norway Fjords cruise.  Not waiting for 2025, and maybe Indy.  Emma cruises was on May 22 and Matt from RC Blog this past May and both liked it.  And we will be in Norway for Constitution Day on May 17th, looks like fun!  Got both cruises discounted from United, plus OBC and miles.  Can you perhaps book an Anthem Norway Fjords cruise in 2024?  Was thinking the 2025 departures may be even busier, pricier, as more people learn Fjords are closing.  Good Luck!  🙂

I’ve got Icon in April of 2024, Utopia October 2024 and a December 2024 Viking River Christmas Markets on the Danube with pre in Budapest and a post in Prague. No way we can swing Fjords in ‘24, unless I hit the lottery lol 

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2023 at 12:17 PM, JasonOasis said:

There is another side to that equation which Royal has to consider and that's sailings out of New York/New Jersey.  I'm not sure when the school half term ends in England but if it is early November that is to late for Royal to leave an Oasis Class ship up in New York where over night lows can get as low as 3 degrees celsius or 39 degrees fahrenheit.  Even though Odyssey isn't exactly a traditional cold weather ship she is more suited to sailing out of New York in during those cool fall and cold winter months than an Oasis Class ship. 

I appreciate there are equations to every decision, but I can only point out that in Britain we get fined by schools for taking our kids on holiday.  

I'm not sure what the numbers are like on early Oct sailings from Southampton to the Canaries, but I can't imagine it's got many on it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2023 at 3:41 PM, Thom Cruise said:

I appreciate there are equations to every decision, but I can only point out that in Britain we get fined by schools for taking our kids on holiday.  

Very interesting, my state is struggling with chronic school absenteeism in the post Covid era. This is defined as a student missing 10% of the school year. Most schools have a chronic rate around 22% across all incomes and races.  Fines sound might help. Do you happen to know what the fines are?