New England - Canada cruise

My wife and I are sailing on the Oasis of the Seas between May 28 and June 2.  Does anyone have any experience sailing on or around these dates in the past on this particular cruise destination,  how’s the weather at sea? Is it ok to use the pool on the ship? I understand that we’re not sailing to the Bahamas, so I’m asking for any advice. Before I forget we’re sailing out of Cape Liberty, NJ.

thank you in advance 

I do not have any experience on that itinerary in May/June, but I have done the Canada cruise before.  I'd expect cool temperatures while at sea.   Barring any storms, the wave conditions should also be pretty good.  New England weather in late May is typical in 60s, so I would expect similar or maybe cooler while at sea.   The outdoor pools on the ship will likely be pretty cold, but the Solarium pool will be nice.  There is always hot tubs.

We were on 5 day Adventure to Halifax out of Bayonne May 26th last year.   Weather was pleasant to walk outside in but I thought it was a little cold for “swimming”.   Kids enjoyed the flowrider throughout the cruise, but did wear their wetsuits.  Many times they were the only ones on the wave.  

Up here in the Northeast, late May/early June temps will generally run in the low 70's during the day, 50's at night.  Temps can vary quite a bit along the coast compared to just a few miles inland.  If there's a breeze coming from the ocean, it will get quite cool.  Ocean temps that time of year are pretty cold unless you're right in the Gulf Stream.  Even in the summer, water temps will probably max out at 70.  So on the water, expect to have cool breezes even on a sunny day.

We did this sailing last year on Oasis. It was about a week later though...so in early June. Nice warm weather headed out of New Jersey. Halifax wasn't too bad...nice warmish weather but our excursion took us on the water and it was quite cold. The weather was chilly and it rained all day in Saint John.  It was also soooo foggy coming back that the horn blasted every 2 minutes for like 12 hours I'd guess (didn't really pay attention to it). So we had half descent weather and the other half not so much. It's tough to gauge what the weather will be like in so I suggest just checking the week ahead to see what the forecast might be. Good luck and I hope you have a great sailing. 

We've done the Bayonne to Maritime Canada cruise in early September, which is a similar weather pattern. 

It was never warm.  It was like being on the Oregon Coast in Summer.  Looks beautiful, but bring some wind-breaker type clothes. 

The ocean was generally not rough, with the exception of outrunning a Hurricane (Dorian?) on the last day.  Anthem of the Seas handled these seas remarkably well.

<May into June would defn be cooler and more rainy then September for us here in Atlantic Canada.

Better warm up for you...its about 35 here today and been gray and rainy for a few weeks now. It looks like this weather is supposed to start changing for the better in a week or two....but don't be surprised if it is too cold to be outside doing anything on the ship if this weather lingers much longer!...Hopefully not....for you AND me!

• 2 weeks later...